Simple/Efficient P&C Option?

indyplanner

I've just joined the forum to post this question and appreciate all advice in advance.

Currently I have an independent practice as a CFP who is registered with FINRA for investments. I place all of my L&H business through my securities broker dealer except for medicare and traditional health insurance, which I do directly with carriers. I have had a P&C license as well since 2010 that I have yet to use. (Long story on why it was acquired...)

In an attempt to decrease paper and have a more focused practice I've attempted to develop a referral arrangement with a couple P&C guys rather than do the business myself. For a couple reasons I've decided to do it myself instead and am looking for a streamlined solution. I know many people on the forums use Superior Access, Agent Secure or a competitor. I am also open to any direct appointments with carriers who will make appoint those not currently maintaining an active P&C business. My preference would be the most streamlined option...

Having said that, I am totally unaware of the industry standards regarding paperless options. If I could have something that works like my health insurance appointments that allows client application via online link or by agent entry without too much hassle, I'd like to go in that direction. Is this type of business model available? If so, I'd like to examine whatever option you'd recommend. If not, which of the agencies similar to those mentioned above have the most streamlined process/least red tape per app?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to adding P&C and learning from the forum along the way.

most p and c companies will send a bill directly to the client, draft, or credit card. is that what you are asking? if it can be done by phone. etc?
as far as not having a brick and mortar office, progressive may give you a direct appointment. otherwise you will have to go with superior access etc. since you are doing it part time you may want your loss ratios lumped in with a cluster anyway. hope that helps

I've just joined the forum to post this question and appreciate all advice in advance. Currently I have an independent practice as a CFP who is registered with FINRA for investments. I place all of my L&H business through my securities broker dealer except for medicare and traditional health insurance, which I do directly with carriers. I have had a P&C license as well since 2010 that I have yet to use. (Long story on why it was acquired...) In an attempt to decrease paper and have a more focused practice I've attempted to develop a referral arrangement with a couple P&C guys rather than do the business myself. For a couple reasons I've decided to do it myself instead and am looking for a streamlined solution. I know many people on the forums use Superior Access, Agent Secure or a competitor. I am also open to any direct appointments with carriers who will make appoint those not currently maintaining an active P&C business. My preference would be the most streamlined option... Having said that, I am totally unaware of the industry standards regarding paperless options. If I could have something that works like my health insurance appointments that allows client application via online link or by agent entry without too much hassle, I'd like to go in that direction. Is this type of business model available? If so, I'd like to examine whatever option you'd recommend. If not, which of the agencies similar to those mentioned above have the most streamlined process/least red tape per app? Thanks in advance. Looking forward to adding P&C and learning from the forum along the way.

What state are you in?

Do you have experience with P&C where you can recommend the correct coverage?

Like mentioned before Progressive and other non standard markets would be easier to get but difficult to sell depending on the type of clientele you work with. For commercial insurance you can work with local wholesaler's in your area

I'm in CA. If it matters, at some point I'd like to purchase an insurance book of business. I just want to have my act together with the P&C since that's likely to be part of anything I would buy. I've decided if I do a purchase, it would be on the insurance rather than investment side since all investment business would either need to already be at my current broker dealer or get new paperwork. I'm just trying to "learn the ropes" from a practical standpoint on P&C before looking to buy a year or two in the future. Maybe Superior will be decent for this goal.

ok, so... your goal is to buy an insurance book or to sell home and auto to your financial clients?
those are two different things with two different answers.
i can sell life insurance and annuities to my home and auto customers but i would not start selling them stock without knowledge just because i had a license to. if you buy an independent insurance book then it will probably have commercial insurance in it. you will want to be trained in that at least some to avoid errors and omissions claims. im not being negative, and it's not that big of a deal for an intelligent person. specifically, if your goal is to buy say an allstate book ;then yes you could beat your head against the wall a few months with superior and figure it all out.

----------

if on the other hand, you are transitioning to p and c; go work as a producer for a local independent agency and learn the ropes that way. you won't make the lion's share of money that way but the experience will be gold nuggets

Back