Simple Insurance Claim Question..

somalicia

with not so simple situation... any advice would be greatly appreciated...
I know nothing about insurance claims, never had to file one, until now..

I got into two accidents - within a day of each other - in two different states (MA and TX). One was a personal vehicle (in MA, minor damage), second was in a rental car (the next day, in TX, $2000 damage).

I filed two claims - for each occurence - insurance company (Mapfre) combined them into one.
Now, here is where it gets tricky. I flew to TX, got a rental car, couple days after I had to fly back to MA for family matter. I was in MA for a day, got into accident, went back to TX and got into accident there. Now, first insurance representative was saying "im having hard time to believe that that is what happened", after I explained everything (an hour on the phone), they told me I need to provide them with proof of all the flights, and if I dont, they will deny the claim. I found proof of two flights (to Texas and back), but cant find proof of fligts for the day when accident in massachusetts happened. Its probably because the accidents in question happened 6 months ago..

is it even legal to deny a claim because i cant find something that they want from 6 months ago? what should I do?
any advise would be appreciated...

thank you.

Yes, they can deny the claim if you can't prove it was you and that it happened. Something else seems fishy here.

I doubt they combined the claim, but it might have the same adjuster; different vehicles in different states at different times are different claims.

When I buy a ticket I get them emailed to me along with a lot of other email reminders. I usually end up with some things on my credit card statements listing off the locations I was at and where I spent money.

Again, something seems odd, how can it take an hour to say "I was in an accident in MA, then I left on a flight and got into an accident in the rental"?

thanks for the reply.
well, that is exactly what happened. I was on vacation in texas, but unforeseen family emergency happened and I had to go back to deal with it. while back home, i got into accident, parked the car and had my sister drive me to airport. there arent any charges from home on my cards for that one day - i was dealing with a family matter and didnt spend anything. I had email confirmations somewhere, I found couple, but not the TX-MA ones. I do clean my mailbox regularly..:(
as for an hour on the phone, it was adjuster who was asking me all the possible questions, from why i was in texas, what color was the other car - trying to find an inconsistency - to a borderline questions like "what does your spouse do" and "how could you afford this trip", which are frankly none of their business.
well, I guess I can prove that it was me in Texas - there was a police report etc. I'll be happy if they just pay car rental company.
the massachusetts accident was very minor after all and looks like i cant prove that it was really me :-/

You could literally call the airline; something here doesn't add up.

Latest posts

Back