Someone Hit Me and Was at Fault but He's Denying It to his Insurance Company..need Help

moso83

Driver hit me an was at fault but he has denied it to his insurance company...now his company has denied my bodily injury claim. If i has uninsured bodily injury can my lawyer file a claim through my own policy...thanks in advance

No.
From what you just said, he has insurance, so there is no uninsured claim to be made.

Why did the other carrier deny the claim? You need to focus on this issue. Why do you say he was at fault?

Insurance companies are used to getting different stories from each side.

You're best bet is to file the collision claim through your own insurance company. They will help determine fault with the other carrier and then you can use that for your bodily injury claim as well.

Dan

No.
From what you just said, he has insurance, so there is no uninsured claim to be made.

Why did the other carrier deny the claim? You need to focus on this issue. Why do you say he was at fault?

Insurance companies are used to getting different stories from each side.

You're best bet is to file the collision claim through your own insurance company. They will help determine fault with the other carrier and then you can use that for your bodily injury claim as well.

Dan
Thansk for replying....they are denying bcuz its my word against his but i also has a recording of him trying to pay me for my damages and i told him lets wait on the cops. the guy left the scene while waiting for the police and down in new orleans the police takes forever to come. I waited for like a few hours and they never showed up and i left. Thats why i asked about the unisured motorist claim...i hired a lawyer but doing that they just drags they're feet

Just so you know, the recording won't get you very far. Statements immediately following accidents between the parties don't stand up usually. They look at the accident description. That said, it can be helpful.

In most areas, police don't show up at all for accidents anymore, unless someone is injured or the damage is significant. It doesn't surprise me they take forever and even didn't get there.

If you hired a lawyer, let him do his job. That's what he gets paid for. Once a lawyer is involved, insurance companies have to slow WAY down on settlements. Okay, they don't have to, but it always happens since they have to comply with a lot of demands from the attorneys.

Hopefully, you are well on your way to recovering from your injuries. Cars can be easily repaired / replaced, injuries on the other hand, can take time.

Dan

Just so you know, the recording won't get you very far. Statements immediately following accidents between the parties don't stand up usually. They look at the accident description. That said, it can be helpful.

In most areas, police don't show up at all for accidents anymore, unless someone is injured or the damage is significant. It doesn't surprise me they take forever and even didn't get there.

If you hired a lawyer, let him do his job. That's what he gets paid for. Once a lawyer is involved, insurance companies have to slow WAY down on settlements. Okay, they don't have to, but it always happens since they have to comply with a lot of demands from the attorneys.

Hopefully, you are well on your way to recovering from your injuries. Cars can be easily repaired / replaced, injuries on the other hand, can take time.

Dan

Thanks...i just don't wanna be stuck with the doctors bill because i done seen it happen to people...so worst case scenario if the other insurance company don't agree on it. Who do my lawyer turns to next. Do she tries to sue my insurance

Your health insurance company should cover your doctor bills.
If you have medical coverage on your auto policy, then yes, that would be the primary payor as well.

The answer to your question depends on what coverages you have on your policy.

You should ask these questions to your lawyer.

Dan

If you've hired an attorney to represent you in this accident, you should talk to them about your concerns. In NO, your situation isn't unusual and most accident attorneys will be experienced in dealing with it.

I don't want to go too far into it, but you've probably been given some advice by this point, and you should follow it.

Disclaimer: worked for several years as a PI paralegal, possibly for the firm you've hired if it's a big one in NO

Your health insurance company should cover your doctor bills.
If you have medical coverage on your auto policy, then yes, that would be the primary payor as well.

The answer to your question depends on what coverages you have on your policy.

You should ask these questions to your lawyer.

Dan
...thanks for the help

----------

If you've hired an attorney to represent you in this accident, you should talk to them about your concerns. In NO, your situation isn't unusual and most accident attorneys will be experienced in dealing with it.

I don't want to go too far into it, but you've probably been given some advice by this point, and you should follow it.

Disclaimer: worked for several years as a PI paralegal, possibly for the firm you've hired if it's a big one in NO
Thanks for your help

it's not surprise that police didn't come, unfortunately...i was in similar situation, but everything was fine, i wasn't injured.

good luck anyway

Back