StateFarm, Allstate, Farmers, Progressive, AmFam

I apologize, InsuranceRus, it is World Financial Group. It is part of one of the world's leading insurance, pension and related financial services companies, Aegon. Prudential, ING, TransAmerica, WRL, Allianz, Pacific Life, and Lincoln are just some of the 70 or so providers for WFG.

You can build your agency anywhere you want in US, Canada, or China at this time.

WOW! Good info!

I am a Farmers Agent. Farmers has the right of first refusal to all pieces of business I come across, and if Farmers chooses not to write the business, they give their Agents complete latitude to broker the deal out.

I've heard that Farmers is the only 'captive' company that allows their agents to go outside the company to write business, but I am not sure if this is true. I'd like to hear from anybody who knows for sure if the other 'captive' company's allow their agents to go outside the company.

Hope that helps, and I hope to hear back from someone who knows.

I've never heard of Farmer's offering this option to their agents. One would think Farmers would advertise this fact, as it would seem to give them an advantage over their main competitors. I predicted some time ago to a MetLife friend that captive P/C companies may have to go this route. Who would have thought MetLife would allow their agents to broker business, but they do. It makes it more plausible that Allstate, Farmers, and the rest may follow suit someday in this industry.

Farmers does offer it. Best example is you can add your own line of health insurance since they don't offer health. Also, Farmers will let you do mortgage and real estate so you can become a 1 stop shop.

I am a Farmers Agent. Farmers has the right of first refusal to all pieces of business I come across, and if Farmers chooses not to write the business, they give their Agents complete latitude to broker the deal out.

I've heard that Farmers is the only 'captive' company that allows their agents to go outside the company to write business, but I am not sure if this is true. I'd like to hear from anybody who knows for sure if the other 'captive' company's allow their agents to go outside the company.

Same with Nationwide. They get 1st right of refusal then you can broker out. If Nationwide can't or won't write the business I usually go with Progressive.

I also write a lot of health insurance on the brokered side of the agency.

The only way that an Independent can get licensed with Farmers is if you are located in a Non-Operating state. In other words, they don't have their semi-captive agents their.

Good Luck,
Gary

Allstate did, and perhaps still does, have "Independants" in more rural areas. I've been surprised on a backroad in VA to see an independant w/Allstate in the window. They are the bank in the back room that bought CNA personal lines some years back and changed the name to Encompass, Deerbrook being the high risk Encompass alternative. The appointments seem to go hand in hand.:arghh:

WFG is a scam! Google 'wfg scam' and see what comes up. They are an MLM company like primerica. I had a WFG guy try to recruit me while I was shopping at Walmart. He came up to me and said "excuse me, I noticed you are dressed very nice, what do you do for a living?" I was wearing a shirt and tie, buying some folders for my file cabinet. I don't know if he hangs out in the office section or if it was a coincedence, but who recruits in Walmart?

I'd stay away from them.

By the way, Allstate has partnered with a few companies to allow us (allstate agents) to write business Allstate doesn't. The only policy I have been unable to write was for a houseboat. I sent that to a local independent guy that used to be an Allstate agent.

I work for an independent agent that writes with Progressive. They will work with independent agents and in some places Nationwide will too. I know it is strang that a direct writer will do that but i have seen it before. The would be ok if you want more a "standard" company to work with for diversification.

Back