StateFarm, Allstate, Farmers, Progressive, AmFam

I've been with farmers for almost 3 years now. They dont offer health insurance so they allow you to get appointed with whoever you want for health.

As far "1st right of refusal" I dont understand.... what wouldnt they write? Anyway... this was the plan of a friend of mine who WAS also an agent for farmers. He had about 1500 active policies. In Nevada, Farmers has been granted several rate increases in the past 2 years which has made it very hard to keep customers and write new buisness. He opened a independant brokerage in his sisters name and was writing buisness through both agencies....long story short.... hes no longer working for farmers. Once his DM found out he got canned and his policies got distributed to other agents.

Farmers new contract does not allow its agents to broker anything. Only the older agents can do so. It is mainly used for health insurance and most commercial risks as Farmers commercial appetite is limited.

nc.iiaa.org

There is the appointment guide for nc and gives you the lines the different carriers offer and the min production requirement for appointments.

I second this. IT is a pyramid scheme.

WFG is a scam! Google 'wfg scam' and see what comes up. They are an MLM company like primerica. I had a WFG guy try to recruit me while I was shopping at Walmart. He came up to me and said "excuse me, I noticed you are dressed very nice, what do you do for a living?" I was wearing a shirt and tie, buying some folders for my file cabinet. I don't know if he hangs out in the office section or if it was a coincedence, but who recruits in Walmart?

I'd stay away from them.

By the way, Allstate has partnered with a few companies to allow us (allstate agents) to write business Allstate doesn't. The only policy I have been unable to write was for a houseboat. I sent that to a local independent guy that used to be an Allstate agent.[/quo

Back