Switching Auto Insurance

kalloo

Had 2 accidents in last 5 months
both my fault , were very minor and no injuries yet the insurance rates are through the roof and I want to try another carrier so my monthly payment rates are somewhat lower
Presently I have esurance
any ideas and tips how I can navigate through this ?
Thanks

Call an independent agent instead of going through the internet. They can answer your questions and present you with alternatives.

Shop around to get the best auto insurance rate. You'd be surprised how different your rate can range from company to company. Regarding shopping online, just make sure you're using a reputable marketplace. Some (like The Zebra) have licensed agents you can call to get unbiased insurance advice.

Some tips to get a better rate:
- Pay in full (average savings of $43 per year) or sign up for EFT payments (average savings of $28 per year)
- Purchase a policy 10 days before you need it (average savings of $62 per year)
- Bundle policies (Average savings 5.5%)
- Improve your credit score (improving by one tier can save you 17%)

Wow!!!! As long as I have something like the Zebra, who needs an independent agent??

By the way, I put my car into your "reputable marketplace" to get a quote and got this...

(it redirects you now, it was an error screen)

The Zebra does have licensed independent agents available to answer auto insurance questions and help customers find a policy that best suits them. Not everyone enjoys walking into an insurance agent's office to get quotes, so call centers and online shopping are two other options, especially when you get quotes for 200+ companies.

Regarding the error on the website, that can occasionally happen. We can report that to our team, but we'd have to recreate it (if you don't mind sharing that information). You can message us privately.

We're happy to answer auto insurance questions and offer advice on how you can save money (whether or not you try our website).

----------

Wow!!!! As long as I have something like the Zebra, who needs an independent agent??

By the way, I put my car into your "reputable marketplace" to get a quote and got this...

(it redirects you now, it was an error screen)

I reached out to our dev team. That specific error url displays when the user is on a mobile device and the connection times out. Refreshing should fix it. Were you on a mobile device when you saw that error?

I was on a mobile device, refreshed multiple times, and then couldn't put my DOB in on the screen where it asked for it.

Back