Temporary Supplemental Car Insurance for Canada?

Morgandy

I keep searching with no luck...

I am in the U.S. and will be using my car to travel around Canada 4 months this year, and 4 months in '17.

My Nationwide policy does not cover Canada, so I am looking for a supplemental/temporary plan for just these periods, that is comprehensive. Do these exist? Can you give me company names if they do?

Thanks for any help..

I keep searching with no luck...

I am in the U.S. and will be using my car to travel around Canada 4 months this year, and 4 months in '17.

My Nationwide policy does not cover Canada, so I am looking for a supplemental/temporary plan for just these periods, that is comprehensive. Do these exist? Can you give me company names if they do?

Thanks for any help..

Find a new insurance company.

There are insurance companies in Canada offer temporary car insurance to tourists but its not available in all provinces. For instance I believe there is no temporary car insurance in Ontario. If you are in British Columbia, ICBC offers a Temporary Operation Permit which lasts 1-15 days or if you need something that lasts longer they also have short-term policies that last anywhere between 3-11 months depending on what you need. Sorry that's the only short-term provider that I know of, hope it helps.

Back