Travelers Auto Insurance in Florida

Mkschuman

I'm an independent agency owner in Southwest Florida, I have contracts with 6 different Auto Carriers. One of my preferred markets is Travelers, when I got them in May 2012 we were writing a good amount of new business with them up until they took rates 12/2012. My 2013 numbers are not what I would like them to be but I find Travelers to be over priced on anything other than ultra preferred. My sales manager has amped up the production result emails and all I can tell him is I am trying to place business with them. How are other Florida agents doing with Travelers?

Thank you guys! My sales manager is very supportive, he tells me I sell more than most agents right now. Sounds like Travelers is going to be changing the first of the year for the better, I'm looking forward to that. I sell a ton with Progressive, I can't understand Agents that don't like dealing with them, they have been great to us! Good luck to all!

Yeah I get the e-mails too, lol. 0 this week 11 for the year.

We've had them for a few years now ever since we lost our MetLife contract. We tend to write a lot of non-preferred business and Travelers was getting on us to shed some of the lower liability stuff even though they revamped their credit model and shed a lot of policies that way.

We're trying to reach the contingency bonus by the end of the year. We aren't very high volume, but we keep decent loss ratios.

Ok, I don't feel so bad then. We average 3-4 a month and are at 35 for the year so far, all of them are 100/300 and above including 8 umbrellas. I try to get business to them but it's a challenge! They are changing their rating model at the beginning of the year and hopefully that will help in placing more business.

I'm an independent agency owner in Southwest Florida, I have contracts with 6 different Auto Carriers. One of my preferred markets is Travelers, when I got them in May 2012 we were writing a good amount of new business with them up until they took rates 12/2012. My 2013 numbers are not what I would like them to be but I find Travelers to be over priced on anything other than ultra preferred. My sales manager has amped up the production result emails and all I can tell him is I am trying to place business with them. How are other Florida agents doing with Travelers?
In central Florida we are writing a lot of travelers, safeco, auto-owners and nationwide. We only write preferred. With travelers specifically we see them with married, excellent credit, middle aged and older.

Back