Travelers Question

TeePee

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
BTW I am in NC

I have an insured who has a young driver with 19 months experience. He had a BIG accident a couple of months ago so the rates went up.

Insured called me late last week to tell me she dreaded making the call but she was switching to Travelers. She told me they did not require a CTR (I thought everyone with young drivers or points did? but likely could be wrong) and that they were able to give the young driver 2 yrs driving experience, since it would happen within the term of the policy.

I know my company would give the experience the month the young driver got two years but have never ever heard of it being given 5 months prior to the actual 2 yrs?

Just curious if this is a standard Travelers procedure?

Last edited:
What is a CTR?
I'm sure I know, but for some reason, it is escaping me right now.

Dan

LOL Sorry I forget that NC is such a weird insurance state. It is a Consent To Rate and applies when the comp and collision rates are higher than the manual rate the state sets ie, when there is a chargable auto accident, ticket or a young driver.

I am not as concerned about the CTR as I am a company being able to give an inexperienced driver more driving experience than they actually have.

Every quote I ever run for Travelers in NC isn't competitive for auto. I wonder if maybe the agent she is doing it through is going through an aggregator, and hasn't pulled MVR yet, so doesn't have the true final rate. See that sometimes

Thanks PB!

I am not cancel policy until she gets final dec page but wonder if the dec page is going to be reliable?

Thanks again!

Thanks PB!

I am not cancel policy until she gets final dec page but wonder if the dec page is going to be reliable?

Thanks again!

Dec page is printed up at the start of the policy, you can make a change a day to make the DEC page different........

Dec page is printed up at the start of the policy, you can make a change a day to make the DEC page different........

I know that any change will cause the dec page to be changed but don't they pull CLUE and driving record prior to issuing dec page?

Back