Two Accidents in Three Months

judomom48

Hello,

I have not had an accident in 40 years. Now, two in three months. The first was on the road at a strip mall in March, she tried to go around me and hit me. Since it's considered private property, no accident report or ticket by police. We both had to send paper into the state of Illinois to describe what happened since damage was more than $1500. Is there a way I can find out was written by the other driver? It went into segregation and now has been sent to a third party to determine who is at fault. Her sister was driving behind her, I am seriously wondering if they asked her questions, this should have been settled long time ago. Now at another private property, a parking lot, I backed into a car from MS with no insurance. Damage was less than $1500 so we did not have to send anything to the state about the accident. His girlfriend was driving the vehicle. MS has a law like Illinois that you must have car insurance. Since the insurance is on the car and not the driver, shouldn't he receive a ticket or something even though he wasn't the driver? Boy when it rains it pour. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated!

Back