Very Happy With My Rates

I'm in the great state of Florida where the wonderful no-fault laws make auto insurance premiums a nightmare. Even so, cutting comprehensive from $500 to a $50 deductible was negligible in premium cost and made a world of difference to me when I had to file a $1700 vandalism claim

----------

I thought the lower deductible on comp or collision would be a large money difference, at least it was with All State. I will check with ANPAC.
Thanks

Collision is virtually always more expensive to reduce than comprehensive because of the average frequency and severity of a collision claim. That said, with the already very low rating factors used for your premium, I can't imagine it'd be very expensive at all. If it costs you, say, $45 a year to reduce the deductible to $50, then a single claim in 10 years already puts you ahead.

That said, if coming up with $500 on a whim for an unexpected accident is no big deal to you, it's understandable to not bother to look into changing the deductible at all

I thought the lower deductible on comp or collision would be a large money difference, at least it was with All State. I will check with ANPAC.
Thanks

I'd just take a look at the timeline. If it's a $50 premium difference annually for $450 smaller deductible, you have one claim in 9 years and you're coming out on top.

Food for thought...

A $50 deductible is basically going to be begging you to file claims.

You are very fortunate. Still a great rate, and nowhere close to the double digit rate increases in auto we are seeing in SC.
You might consider increasing your rental reimbursement. 25/day will barely get you a subcompact rental car. Unless the rental is not really a concern.

Latest posts

Back