Very Happy With My Rates

Where are you located? Where I live this would be hands down the lowest premium I've seen for this kind of coverage. Of course, I also just rewrote a person who relocated from a different state with the same carrier he had previously, for twice his old premium. So depending on where you are, it could suck for all i know

Just curious if you realize what comp coverage is and what it means to you? I would never want a $500 deductible for the tiny difference in cost to go to an ACV deductible.

Just curious if you realize what comp coverage is and what it means to you? I would never want a $500 deductible for the tiny difference in cost to go to an ACV deductible.

Comprehensive Coverage is designed to protect your vehicle against loss or damage from other than a collision (fire, theft, vandalism, flood, glass breakage, etc.).

To me, it means I am not filing a claim on either vehicle unless the damage or loss is well in excess of $500. I don't want to file a claim if not necessary but I am risk adverse enough to purchase comprehensive coverage.

You are assuming a lot of things in your comment, one of which is that you ran this quote and second, that you are me. Neither one of those is true.

----------

Where are you located? Where I live this would be hands down the lowest premium I've seen for this kind of coverage. Of course, I also just rewrote a person who relocated from a different state with the same carrier he had previously, for twice his old premium. So depending on where you are, it could suck for all i know

Located in Iowa. Before I insured with American National, I was with All State. My coverages were:
100/300 BI, UM, UIM
100 property damage liab
5 medical payments
$500 deduct comp/collision
No rebuttal, towing, or roadside coverage

Premium for a 6 month period $803.00 (same two cars)

You are assuming a lot of things in your comment, one of which is that you ran this quote and second, that you are me. Neither one of those is true.

Wow! Alrighty then!

You have excellent coverage and are paying a fantastic rate.

I was going to suggest helpful coverage that your Subaru might have qualified for. But if you're going to snap at agents giving you good advice, maybe I shouldn't. My wife does a good enough job at snapping at me. Don't need it from anyone else.

Wow! Alrighty then!

You have excellent coverage and are paying a fantastic rate.

I was going to suggest helpful coverage that your Subaru might have qualified for. But if you're going to snap at agents giving you good advice, maybe I shouldn't. My wife does a good enough job at snapping at me. Don't need it from anyone else.

Suggestions and helpful suggestions are always welcome.

Starting off with "do you even know what comprehensive coverage is" is neither of those.

If you have a suggestion and would like to provide, I'm all ears.

the majority of people here that post questions do not understand comprehensive coverage. So don't take TeePee's comment so personal or condescending. I'm sure it wasn't meant to come off that way. Your subaru is on the borderline of qualifying for either GAP or total loss coverage, which would be cheap and pay out quite a bit more if you were to total it. 2 years age is on the borderline of whether the subaru qualifies, some companies may still offer it, some will not. And I would recommend thinking twice about TeePee's advice too. You may discover that cutting your deductible in half may only cost a few more dollars. Only takes a 2 min phone call to your agent, and both are worth inquiring about.

the majority of people here that post questions do not understand comprehensive coverage. So don't take TeePee's comment so personal or condescending. I'm sure it wasn't meant to come off that way. Your subaru is on the borderline of qualifying for either GAP or total loss coverage, which would be cheap and pay out quite a bit more if you were to total it. 2 years age is on the borderline of whether the subaru qualifies, some companies may still offer it, some will not. And I would recommend thinking twice about TeePee's advice too. You may discover that cutting your deductible in half may only cost a few more dollars. Only takes a 2 min phone call to your agent, and both are worth inquiring about.

Thank you so much. I appreciate the advice and I will definitely look into it. So TeePee is saying I should lower my deductible to $250? Or what exactly is he saying?

So TeePee is saying I should lower my deductible to $250? Or what exactly is he saying?

yes. or perhaps even lower if you like the price well enough. you could lower the deductible for just comprehensive, or both comprehensive and collision... not going to cost much more.

yes. or perhaps even lower if you like the price well enough. you could lower the deductible for just comprehensive, or both comprehensive and collision... not going to cost much more.

I thought the lower deductible on comp or collision would be a large money difference, at least it was with All State. I will check with ANPAC.
Thanks

Back