Walmart Enters the Auto Insurance Business

Wal-Mart has been in the Med Advantage biz for several years. Leasing space to companies.

They started selling caskets a few years ago and talked of selling FE back then. They would be crazy not to get in the FE biz on some level.

Wal-Mart has been in the Med Advantage biz for several years. Leasing space to companies.

They started selling caskets a few years ago and talked of selling FE back then. They would be crazy not to get in the FE biz on some level.

They can't.

There isn't an FE policy made in China yet.

The problem is unlike a big jar of mayonaise people don't wake up and say I need to go buy a life insurance policy....But I could see them doing some sort of in store response advertising maybe with a drawing for a prize.

Decisions, decisions...

Do I pay for my car insurance, or do I buy that Duck Dinasty t-shirt? Its the new one with the bigot and the American flag....

Seems to be big news today.

Not into auto ins, but if they do start w/ the life insurance it sure sounds like a prime candidate for replacement. Guess we'll wait and see.

The problem is unlike a big jar of mayonaise people don't wake up and say I need to go buy a life insurance policy....But I could see them doing some sort of in store response advertising maybe with a drawing for a prize.

Hopefully they will set it up so that you can fill out the app without even getting up off your scooter.

Seems to be big news today.

Not into auto ins, but if they do start w/ the life insurance it sure sounds like a prime candidate for replacement. Guess we'll wait and see.

They entered the life market over a year ago with a program with Metlife for a 1 year nonrenewable term policy.

Back