Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum

Reply to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War     
Old 03-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #31
Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts:1,573
State: 1manshow is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
1manshow is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Bob Barker was right all along...Have Your Pet Spayed or Neutered
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Old 03-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #32
Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts:2,046
State: Mr. Bill is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Mr. Bill is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Originally Posted by mileena View Post
i support obama and believe in his concept of spreading the wealth. that's how it works in advanced countries. look at the health insurance system in Canada and the UK, for example. Workers pay a percentage of their income, and the entire family gets insurance at birth, no matter how many do or do not work.

i believe young people in the US should pay the least for auto insurance since they can least afford it. while people in their at their peak earning power in older age should pay more, since they can afford it. i do not believe in age rating. or at the very least, everyone should pay the same per car for auto insurance.
Ah, we now know who you are!

YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And...

By the way, you looked really good on tv!!!! Congrats!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Old 03-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #33
Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts:32
State: mileena is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War mileena is the thread starter for: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War

Originally Posted by xrac View Post
If everybody had the philosphy that the government should provide for everyone eventually no one would work and we would let the government provide for us all! Only one little problem though! Where does the money come from if no one works or produces wealth?
i believe people are inherently good and want to work and be productive.

in my case, i paid for social security (FICA) insurance when i did work and became disabled. i only worked for a year or so, but have been collecting disability since 1992...so I have made out like a bandit. but that is the nature of insurance: you win some and you lose some. but we do need to support our elderly and disabled. you cannot have a government where everyone pays their own way, despite wishful thinking by republicans. if GWB had his way with everyone having Social Security accounts they could invest, they would have all been wiped out in the current recession!

another example: i have AAA insurance. in my young and wild days, i used to make 4-5 calls for towing per year. i definitely made money off AAA!! but now, i am lucky if i make one call per year, so they are making money off me now. maybe i should drop AAA??

for me, as a consumer, the idea is for me to make more money in paid claims from insurance than i pay in premiums. afterall, i am not paying money to make the insurance company rich! LOL. For insurance companies, it is just the opposite. there is a constant war between the insured and the insurers.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #34
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts:1
State: Resource is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
I wouldn't consider this a win. What you have successfully accomplished is passing costs to other consumers, insureds, for your negligence. You are legally obligated to pay for damage you cause. I'm not sure how your using the term "judgement proof". I don't think this is accurate as a judgement in either civil or criminal court doesn't just go away. You may count on any prospective employer to find this action and cooperate with the insurance company to garnish your wages. Any other settlements you receive, monetary, may be payable to the insurance company. You see, you haven't won. You've subjected yourself to a lifetime of having to lie. Any application you typically fill out will ask you one simple questions, "do you have any liens or legal actions against you"? For which, you'll be forced to lie. You see, most people understand the importance of insurance, protecting themselves and their assets. You may not have any assets now, but one day you may. As for subrogation efforts. It isn't all that costly. And if an insurer can at the very least get the victim's deductible repaid to them from the negligent party, that is a good day in court. Thanks to those of you that are responsible and protect yourselves and your future.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Old 03-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #35
Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts:32
State: mileena is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War mileena is the thread starter for: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War

Originally Posted by Resource View Post
I wouldn't consider this a win. What you have successfully accomplished is passing costs to other consumers, insureds, for your negligence. You are legally obligated to pay for damage you cause. I'm not sure how your using the term "judgement proof". I don't think this is accurate as a judgement in either civil or criminal court doesn't just go away. You may count on any prospective employer to find this action and cooperate with the insurance company to garnish your wages. Any other settlements you receive, monetary, may be payable to the insurance company. You see, you haven't won. You've subjected yourself to a lifetime of having to lie. Any application you typically fill out will ask you one simple questions, "do you have any liens or legal actions against you"? For which, you'll be forced to lie. You see, most people understand the importance of insurance, protecting themselves and their assets. You may not have any assets now, but one day you may. As for subrogation efforts. It isn't all that costly. And if an insurer can at the very least get the victim's deductible repaid to them from the negligent party, that is a good day in court. Thanks to those of you that are responsible and protect yourselves and your future.
you do have many valid point and i thank you for your response.

i do have to state i feel insurance companies are to blame as well though since they charge too much. the reason people with bad records don't get insurance is because companies charge too much. if the risk were shared equally among the entire pool, then people with bad driving records would be more likely to have insurance. the same can be said with health insurance. why should sick people pay more insurance? look at what is happening in california.

also, with me not having a lot of money, it's hard for me to justify paying for liability when i get nothing of benefit in return. at least with collision, i get payments when i have an accident to fix the car.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #36
Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts:14,814
State: Crabcake Johnny is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
The judgment will never go away. If you wish to challenge its validity then you have to do just that, go to court to challenge it.

If you do nothing it's valid. If they choose to execute at some point in the future and you challenge it they'll just refile the case in the correct county and have you served properly.

Again, the judgement, just because it can't be enforced at this moment due to your financial situation, doesn't go away.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #37
Guru
Franz Kafka on Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts:1,272
State: Franz Kafka is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Franz Kafka is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
I told you high institutional education can be detrimental!

Thanks Mileena. Your post made my day.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Old 03-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #38
Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts:14,814
State: Crabcake Johnny is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
The ultimate risk is continuing to drive without insurance. If you cause a large enough accident or even if you're involved in a large accident the gig is up.

Whatever fake document you have to show law enforcement won't pan out when the other parties go to contact your insurance company and ultimately find out you don't have coverage.

Worse than that, you'll also be charged with showing falsified insurance to an officer and you're looking at jail time.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Old 03-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #39
Guru
GreenSky on Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts:14,599
State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Mileena proves that we need more government funding for inpatient psychiatric clinics.

Rick
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #40
Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts:32
State: mileena is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War Re: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War mileena is the thread starter for: Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War

Originally Posted by healthagent View Post
The ultimate risk is continuing to drive without insurance. If you cause a large enough accident or even if you're involved in a large accident the gig is up.

Whatever fake document you have to show law enforcement won't pan out when the other parties go to contact your insurance company and ultimately find out you don't have coverage.

Worse than that, you'll also be charged with showing falsified insurance to an officer and you're looking at jail time.
strange...it's worked two times before, at least, and no charges. police just want to see proof of insurance. after that, they couldn't care less, no matter what the other party claims. it's all hearsay and the have no copy of the actual card to prove anything. once the police finish their report, anything else or any new info has to go through the DMV. the police aren't baby sitters and have better things to do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Originally Posted by healthagent View Post
The judgment will never go away. If you wish to challenge its validity then you have to do just that, go to court to challenge it.

If you do nothing it's valid. If they choose to execute at some point in the future and you challenge it they'll just refile the case in the correct county and have you served properly.

Again, the judgement, just because it can't be enforced at this moment due to your financial situation, doesn't go away.
thanks for the advice. luckily for me, i am in another state and don't plan on winning the lottery anytime soon. morevoer, if i get the first judgment invalidated, the case would be dismissed with prejudice since the statute of limitations has passed and they can no longer re-file. the failure to ensure proper service was their fault.
------------------------------------

Last edited by mileena; 03-16-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Posts merged
  Reply With Quote to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War
Reply to Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Auto Insurance Forum






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Whats the biggest selling point for voluntary benefits?