Warning: State Farm Sued Me and Won, but They Lost the War

i support obama and believe in his concept of spreading the wealth. that's how it works in advanced countries. look at the health insurance system in Canada and the UK, for example. Workers pay a percentage of their income, and the entire family gets insurance at birth, no matter how many do or do not work.

i believe young people in the US should pay the least for auto insurance since they can least afford it. while people in their at their peak earning power in older age should pay more, since they can afford it. i do not believe in age rating. or at the very least, everyone should pay the same per car for auto insurance.

Ah, we now know who you are!

By the way, you looked really good on tv!!!! Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
If everybody had the philosphy that the government should provide for everyone eventually no one would work and we would let the government provide for us all! Only one little problem though! Where does the money come from if no one works or produces wealth?

i believe people are inherently good and want to work and be productive.

in my case, i paid for social security (FICA) insurance when i did work and became disabled. i only worked for a year or so, but have been collecting disability since 1992...so I have made out like a bandit. but that is the nature of insurance: you win some and you lose some. but we do need to support our elderly and disabled. you cannot have a government where everyone pays their own way, despite wishful thinking by republicans. if GWB had his way with everyone having Social Security accounts they could invest, they would have all been wiped out in the current recession!

another example: i have AAA insurance. in my young and wild days, i used to make 4-5 calls for towing per year. i definitely made money off AAA!! but now, i am lucky if i make one call per year, so they are making money off me now. maybe i should drop AAA??

for me, as a consumer, the idea is for me to make more money in paid claims from insurance than i pay in premiums. afterall, i am not paying money to make the insurance company rich! LOL. For insurance companies, it is just the opposite. there is a constant war between the insured and the insurers.

I wouldn't consider this a win. What you have successfully accomplished is passing costs to other consumers, insureds, for your negligence. You are legally obligated to pay for damage you cause. I'm not sure how your using the term "judgement proof". I don't think this is accurate as a judgement in either civil or criminal court doesn't just go away. You may count on any prospective employer to find this action and cooperate with the insurance company to garnish your wages. Any other settlements you receive, monetary, may be payable to the insurance company. You see, you haven't won. You've subjected yourself to a lifetime of having to lie. Any application you typically fill out will ask you one simple questions, "do you have any liens or legal actions against you"? For which, you'll be forced to lie. You see, most people understand the importance of insurance, protecting themselves and their assets. You may not have any assets now, but one day you may. As for subrogation efforts. It isn't all that costly. And if an insurer can at the very least get the victim's deductible repaid to them from the negligent party, that is a good day in court. Thanks to those of you that are responsible and protect yourselves and your future.

I wouldn't consider this a win. What you have successfully accomplished is passing costs to other consumers, insureds, for your negligence. You are legally obligated to pay for damage you cause. I'm not sure how your using the term "judgement proof". I don't think this is accurate as a judgement in either civil or criminal court doesn't just go away. You may count on any prospective employer to find this action and cooperate with the insurance company to garnish your wages. Any other settlements you receive, monetary, may be payable to the insurance company. You see, you haven't won. You've subjected yourself to a lifetime of having to lie. Any application you typically fill out will ask you one simple questions, "do you have any liens or legal actions against you"? For which, you'll be forced to lie. You see, most people understand the importance of insurance, protecting themselves and their assets. You may not have any assets now, but one day you may. As for subrogation efforts. It isn't all that costly. And if an insurer can at the very least get the victim's deductible repaid to them from the negligent party, that is a good day in court. Thanks to those of you that are responsible and protect yourselves and your future.

you do have many valid point and i thank you for your response.

i do have to state i feel insurance companies are to blame as well though since they charge too much. the reason people with bad records don't get insurance is because companies charge too much. if the risk were shared equally among the entire pool, then people with bad driving records would be more likely to have insurance. the same can be said with health insurance. why should sick people pay more insurance? look at what is happening in california.

also, with me not having a lot of money, it's hard for me to justify paying for liability when i get nothing of benefit in return. at least with collision, i get payments when i have an accident to fix the car.

The judgment will never go away. If you wish to challenge its validity then you have to do just that, go to court to challenge it.

If you do nothing it's valid. If they choose to execute at some point in the future and you challenge it they'll just refile the case in the correct county and have you served properly.

Again, the judgement, just because it can't be enforced at this moment due to your financial situation, doesn't go away.

The ultimate risk is continuing to drive without insurance. If you cause a large enough accident or even if you're involved in a large accident the gig is up.

Whatever fake document you have to show law enforcement won't pan out when the other parties go to contact your insurance company and ultimately find out you don't have coverage.

Worse than that, you'll also be charged with showing falsified insurance to an officer and you're looking at jail time.

The ultimate risk is continuing to drive without insurance. If you cause a large enough accident or even if you're involved in a large accident the gig is up.

Whatever fake document you have to show law enforcement won't pan out when the other parties go to contact your insurance company and ultimately find out you don't have coverage.

Worse than that, you'll also be charged with showing falsified insurance to an officer and you're looking at jail time.

strange...it's worked two times before, at least, and no charges. police just want to see proof of insurance. after that, they couldn't care less, no matter what the other party claims. it's all hearsay and the have no copy of the actual card to prove anything. once the police finish their report, anything else or any new info has to go through the DMV. the police aren't baby sitters and have better things to do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The judgment will never go away. If you wish to challenge its validity then you have to do just that, go to court to challenge it.

If you do nothing it's valid. If they choose to execute at some point in the future and you challenge it they'll just refile the case in the correct county and have you served properly.

Again, the judgement, just because it can't be enforced at this moment due to your financial situation, doesn't go away.

thanks for the advice. luckily for me, i am in another state and don't plan on winning the lottery anytime soon. morevoer, if i get the first judgment invalidated, the case would be dismissed with prejudice since the statute of limitations has passed and they can no longer re-file. the failure to ensure proper service was their fault.

Last edited:
Back