Wasn't at Fault, Now I'm At-fault.

I am sorry you've had this experience.

My body shop has had several terrible experiences with them. I won't touch a repair until their check is in hand. Most others can be trusted with their word to pay what they agreed to pay. But not USAA.

My advice - file a complaint with your state's Department of Insurance.

My body shop has had several terrible experiences with them. I won't touch a repair until their check is in hand. Most others can be trusted with their word to pay what they agreed to pay. But not USAA.

Wow, not what one expects to hear. Maybe USAA is not as saintly as some think!

Why DOES usaa get such a great reputation?? I just don't get it? You deal with 1800 folks. And, I've seen mistakes (ok to be more PC, big "gaps") made in how the polices have been set up in the past (like condos) when I've come up against them.
Why do they get such good reviews? Especially after hearing this, I really want to know.

They have an excellent PR person.

Most people think they are actually a part of the military. That's just a marketing niche they chose (just like 5-Star/AFBA).

They are just an insurance company. And one that only does telesales no face to face. That's not top notch service is it?

They have an excellent PR person.

Most people think they are actually a part of the military. That's just a marketing niche they chose (just like 5-Star/AFBA).

They are just an insurance company. And one that only does telesales no face to face. That's not top notch service is it?

So why do I hear from so many people like "swm" above how much they "love" USAA and think they are great?? Ive hear this for the last 8 years ive been in the biz - has thr same pr person been there the whole time?

I just don't get it....still. They even seem to get really high marks on the claims ratings from JD Powers etc (i still don't see how when the clients have no agent (single point of contact and will go to bat for the, if there is a problem) and instead they have to talk to a new 1800 person every time?? Maybe it is just one of those things people think it is more special than it is because of the exclusivity of it, and most people "can't" have them???

you said it's his fault. The other guy says it's your fault. 50% at-fault for both sounds right absent any independent witnesses that could back-up your version of events.

Yeah, I am doing just that. I feel like they are taking advantage of service members. Assuming we are all deployed and won't be able to argue, they can make more money off us by adding on fees and crap that cost $$$$$.

SURPRISE USAA, I'm here.

----------

Why DOES usaa get such a great reputation?? I just don't get it? You deal with 1800 folks. And, I've seen mistakes (ok to be more PC, big "gaps") made in how the polices have been set up in the past (like condos) when I've come up against them.
Why do they get such good reviews? Especially after hearing this, I really want to know.

I feel like, they only get great reviews from the people who doesn't have to actually use it yet. If you read some of the reviews, it's just "I LOVE USAA, I JOINED BECAUSE I JOINED THE MILITARY", reviews like that.

I'm starting to learn that this is just a selling point.

----------

So why do I hear from so many people like "swm" above how much they "love" USAA and think they are great?? Ive hear this for the last 8 years ive been in the biz - has thr same pr person been there the whole time?

I just don't get it....still. They even seem to get really high marks on the claims ratings from JD Powers etc (i still don't see how when the clients have no agent (single point of contact and will go to bat for the, if there is a problem) and instead they have to talk to a new 1800 person every time?? Maybe it is just one of those things people think it is more special than it is because of the exclusivity of it, and most people "can't" have them???

I'm with them because of the price, it's incredibly cheap for three vehicles, 2 way. I can't find the price anywhere else. Again, which is probably why they got high ratings.

I want to switch, but I called other insurance companies but they can't offer me anything competitive.

If your car is insured, your insurance company should be the one handling the matter.

That's the problem - they did / are, and say he is 50% at fault! He has no agent as an advocate to help him so all he can do is try to fight it himself (why he got his own attorney). It is crummy when a Carrier won't go to bat for the client because it would cost more fighting it than if they just pay for part or all of it, then put an at fault cloak record on their history and raise the rates to compensate for them just paying out. That is one good thing I'd say about my ex captive company - if I told the claims adjusters to fight it on behalf of my clients they would....and generally they would win too!! Even though may have been easier / cheaper for them to just take blame and pay the damage. I'd be livid!!!

Back