Wasn't at Fault, Now I'm At-fault.

uncosam

Got rear ended at an intersection 6 months ago, his insurance company claimed 95% at fault, now 6 months later I got a letter from my insurance that my report has been sent to the merit board claiming that I'm more than 50% liable?

I have an attorney working on it, but just in the meantime I would like to hear your response? Are they flipping the script? What's going on? I Mean everything was recorded I believe, do I have to sue and bring to court?

Did something sleezy go on and the person that rear ended me pull something sleezy to flip the script?

Has anyone ever experience anything like this? Thanks!

Without 'the rest of the story', its hard to give any advice. You should have received a letter that explained why you were found at fault, though these are rarely very detailed.

That letter should have also explained the appeal process.

If you were rear-ended, the other driver must have submitted some proof that you were backing up or did an unsafe lane change in front of him. There is more to the story, ask your agent to get a reason from the claims department.

Dan

Without 'the rest of the story', its hard to give any advice. You should have received a letter that explained why you were found at fault, though these are rarely very detailed.

That letter should have also explained the appeal process.

If you were rear-ended, the other driver must have submitted some proof that you were backing up or did an unsafe lane change in front of him. There is more to the story, ask your agent to get a reason from the claims department.

Dan

Just to make it clear, it was a four way intersection, there was a stop light, his car was parked at a convenient store on the opposite direction. I turned proceeded to turn left after the traffic was clear, and for some idiotic reason, he decided to speed his car after I turned of the parking spot and hit my rear bumper, after I nearly completed my turn. So he lied and said he was driving straight, which would've gave him the right away, but he was parked when I turned. Anyways, his company agreed that he was 95% liable after the investigation, six months down the road they are flipping the script and switching the blame.

Long story short, his insurance while on the phone with my Attorney and I agreed that he was 95% at fault and I even got my deductible back that I had to pay to get my car fixed.

But I should expect to hear an answer from my Attorney on Monday. I got the letter today and just wanted to hear some thoughts.

Just to make it clear, it was a four way intersection, there was a stop light, his car was parked at a convenient store on the opposite direction. I turned proceeded to turn left after the traffic was clear, and for some idiotic reason, he decided to speed his car after I turned of the parking spot and hit my rear bumper, after I nearly completed my turn. So he lied and said he was driving straight, which would've gave him the right away, but he was parked when I turned. Anyways, his company agreed that he was 95% liable after the investigation, six months down the road they are flipping the script and switching the blame.

Long story short, his insurance while on the phone with my Attorney and I agreed that he was 95% at fault and I even got my deductible back that I had to pay to get my car fixed.

But I should expect to hear an answer from my Attorney on Monday. I got the letter today and just wanted to hear some thoughts.

Is your insurance company involved? They should be handling this for you. Are they paying for your attorney?

Having an attorney involved sounds expensive????

Is your insurance company involved? They should be handling this for you. Are they paying for your attorney?

My insurance company wants to put me at fault, they don't want to work. I'm calling them on Monday to give them hell.

Anyways, six months ago they quickly wanted to admit fault on my behalf because the police report was in favor of the driver who hit me. So my Lawyer stopped them, and that very day the driver's insurance called my Lawyer and admitted fault on his behalf due to the evidence, pictures and investigation.

My insurance don't want to do jack ****. Thankfully my Lawyer is taking care of the situation.

So I'm assuming the driver contested, and they contacted my insurance and my insurance are little sons of #@#$#, that don't want to work. (Sorry I'm very frustrated over the matter). So basically, they're too lazy to investigation and is probably in a hurry to close the case, so they are blaming me for it now.

I pay for them to investigate and do their job and they don't want to.

Oh and it's a military insurance company, USAA. I am a veteran and is using them because of the great reviews. I put my life on the line for 4 years and they can't do their job for me? They hide behind the name of the service.

I don't care how much money have to spend, but I'm fighting it and will sue them if I have to, this is getting out of hand.

I have always heard good stuff about USAA so this is surprising.

I have always heard good stuff about USAA so this is surprising.

Honestly they are great, but when it comes to defending their clients, nope. They were quick to throw me under the bus, thankfully I got a Lawyer at the time to handle the situation.

Honestly they just want to say I am guilty and get it over with.

I think they take advantage of service members, since we are constantly deployed or too busy to argue. But I'm in the reserves and have all the time in the world.

Wow, I love USAA. I am very surprised you are having problems with them.

Back