What Are the Insurance Cost for these Cars?

TRAVGUY1212

Hey guys, I'm fairly new teenage driver. I've been driving for over a year and I'm starting to contemplate getting my own vehicle.

I understand that insurance is more expensive for drivers that of ages 16-25, but I would like an exact estimate for the cost per month for the following cars:

-Dodge Charger(any model)
-Mitsubishi Lancer 2015
-BMW Z3 (Possible hand-me-down)
-Chevy Cobalt SS
-Subaru WRX STi

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
There's no way someone can give you even a ballpark figure. There are so many factors that come into play when rating for insurance.

Location, Credit history, driving record to name a few. You should contact a local independent agent in your area to better assist you.

Hey guys, I'm fairly new teenage driver. I've been driving for over a year and I'm starting to contemplate getting my own vehicle. I understand that insurance is more expensive for drivers that of ages 16-25, but I would like an exact estimate for the cost per month for the following cars: -Dodge Charger(any model) -Mitsubishi Lancer 2015 -BMW Z3 (Possible hand-me-down) -Chevy Cobalt SS -Subaru WRX STi Thank you very much.

What state do you live in?

Exact estimate?!?!?!

LOL

Anyway, don't know about where you live, but for teenage drivers, depending on whether you're on mom and dad's insurance or not, among other things, here in SC, I've seen prices range from 200-1200 a month. Like others have said, many, many variables.

Good luck.

Hey guys, I'm fairly new teenage driver. I've been driving for over a year and I'm starting to contemplate getting my own vehicle.

I understand that insurance is more expensive for drivers that of ages 16-25, but I would like an exact estimate for the cost per month for the following cars:

-Dodge Charger(any model)
-Mitsubishi Lancer 2015
-BMW Z3 (Possible hand-me-down)
-Chevy Cobalt SS
-Subaru WRX STi

Thank you very much.

Ball park cheaper with the lancer unless it is brand new and the others are older. But that is like saying get the gray one not the red one. No one knows with the info given.

My advice? Forget anything 2 doors or with a spoiler - anything that reeks of "sports car".

Unless money is no object, and it sounds like it is......go get a few years old 4 door sedan. Get one where you can afford the car and the insurance and the maintenance.

To figure that out - call a local independent agent.

Good Luck!

----------

PS - Congrats for making the effort to get your own car and accept everything that comes with it.

What state do you live in?

Ohio. I don't have any tickets or accidents.

----------

My advice? Forget anything 2 doors or with a spoiler - anything that reeks of "sports car".

Unless money is no object, and it sounds like it is......go get a few years old 4 door sedan. Get one where you can afford the car and the insurance and the maintenance.

To figure that out - call a local independent agent.

Good Luck!

----------

PS - Congrats for making the effort to get your own car and accept everything that comes with it.

Thanks for the info.

What's with all these young kids so eager to buy a bmw or lexus or cadillac? I see it every week. They call from the dealership ready to pick up the car without even checking rates, assuming it will cost $25 a month. Then they get upset when they find out it's $725 a month because they're 17.

Back