What Kind of Auto Policy for People who Don't Own Cars?

OldGeorge1950

Expert
I may be moving to Manhattan in a year or so. No need for a car there... at least not for me. Lived there for 7 years in the 1990s and never used a car.

However, I do travel(personal) quite a bit and rent cars frequently. If I end up getting rid of my car after the move to NYC, is there an auto policy for people like me to cover rental cars? I realize rental car companies sell their own insurance, but that's on a per rental basis and can get quite expensive.

thank!

I may be moving to Manhattan in a year or so. No need for a car there... at least not for me. Lived there for 7 years in the 1990s and never used a car.

However, I do travel(personal) quite a bit and rent cars frequently. If I end up getting rid of my car after the move to NYC, is there an auto policy for people like me to cover rental cars? I realize rental car companies sell their own insurance, but that's on a per rental basis and can get quite expensive.

thank!

Isn't that the only time you'd need it?:goofy:

You can get a non-owners policy for liability coverage, they are very inexpensive if your record is reasonable. Getting coverage for physical damage to the rental car is harder. Easiest to just buy it through the rental company.

Either way, its cheaper than paying to park a car in Manhatten!

Dan

use a VISA SIGNATURE OR WORLD MASTERCARD, AMEX has it too

make sure its PRIMARILY and not secondary...

Manhattan parking is 7 dollars per 2 hour, lol I used to struggle to find parking, now no one goes and plenty of parking everywhere (if youre willing to pay)

also i believe, benwrigh is right, its only for the damage and not liability portion.

Last edited:
Back