What's Up with Good2Go (FKA American Independent Ins)?

BlockO

Guru
1000 Post Club
What's going on with this company? So many mixed signals, I'm not sure what direction they're headed....

I have them in four states (well, three now)....

Recently, they combined all of their companies into one brand, Good2Go. This includes AII, OMNI, Personal Service Ins., and several other companies I can't recall because I'm not licensed in those states.

I thought it was a good idea. I've also noticed that they have been pumping money into the new Good2Go brand via tv ads.... Great idea, right? Combining many small companies together and looking to grow?

then a month ago, I get a certified letter saying that their company that represents Ohio, Personal Service Ins., is suspending all new business for the entire state, and only keeping existing business.

they did the exact same thing last year in Indiana, with Omni (suspended new business for several months before they opened it back up). So I didn't expect this Ohio suspension to last long.

so then two weeks ago, I get another certified letter saying that they have decided to leave Ohio entirely, and that existing business will be non-renewed. Being non-profitable was the reason given.

What's up with that? What company invests all that money into tv ads to an audience they can no longer sell to?

That doesn't make sense to me, but neither do the conflicting reports I'm hearing through the grapevine either...... Anyone know what's up with them?

Last edited:
I have just recently noticed them on TV in both VA & WV. I had never heard of them before the barrage of tv recent ads. I am not a P&C guy, but it sounds odd what you are saying. Maybe someone will have some info for you.

I have just recently noticed them on TV in both VA & WV. I had never heard of them before the barrage of tv recent ads. I am not a P&C guy, but it sounds odd what you are saying. Maybe someone will have some info for you.

That's interesting. I have them in VA. And I might be wrong, but I don't know of any of their companies that were ever in WV.

That's interesting. I have them in VA. And I might be wrong, but I don't know of any of their companies that were ever in WV.

Well to be fair, when I was in WV the channel where I saw them was coming over an antenna...out of Hagerstown MD (I think). I just noticed them several times last weekend up at our cabin. We were joking - one of the guys son just got a new car and new ins, I asked if he got "good to go" ins. :yes:

The rep in sc just emailed all agents that he is leaving.

I got a similar mass email from my rep, saying this would probably be his last communication.

That's a shame! He had been there a long time and wasn't your typical know-nothing rep. He knew the business inside-out.... major asset lost there!

Shame. This market is getting pretty hard.
We are down to 8 IA carriers writing NSA in this state. Only 5 are really competitive. 1 or 2 of those have considered pulling out but are still sticking for now.
This makes no less than a dozen carriers who were writing NSA who have pulled out, in half as many years.
Strange times.

Shame. This market is getting pretty hard.
We are down to 8 IA carriers writing NSA in this state. Only 5 are really competitive. 1 or 2 of those have considered pulling out but are still sticking for now.
This makes no less than a dozen carriers who were writing NSA who have pulled out, in half as many years.
Strange times.

2016 was overall a down year for the non-standard business, but not completely. some carriers did very well.

in the case of Good2Go, I think their major problem was how they handled billing... you can't be a non-standard company and try to do billing like you're a standard or preferred company.... it never works!

2016 was overall a down year for the non-standard business, but not completely. some carriers did very well.

in the case of Good2Go, I think their major problem was how they handled billing... you can't be a non-standard company and try to do billing like you're a standard or preferred company.... it never works!

They did billing as non-standard as it gets in sc large down pay and 4 Or fewer installments...unless you were on eft.
I think their total lack of guidelines in certain areas had to play in to it...I've seen Dec pages from their direct written business...4 cars, 1 driver. Stuff that you and I would know better than to write.
They spent the last 2 years here either suspending new business from agents entirely, or picking and choosing which codes to turn on and off. Meanwhile, good2go.com kept writing business.

If they don't understand EXACTLY why they are in trouble (and they seem to be in denial), well, good riddance to them.

They did billing as non-standard as it gets in sc large down pay and 4 Or fewer installments...unless you were on eft.

that's a big part of their problem. that's the old school way of billing non-standard. doesn't work anymore. neither does low down-pay with accelerated installments (another quirk they ran customers off with). not to mention a $12 late fee if only one day late.

Back