Who is Responsible on this Rear-End accident!

hemda1972

Hi!

My son was involved in an accident he rearended someone than another vehicle came along and struck him in the rear causing yet a second impact. Is the driver who hit my son in the rear partially responsible for the front damage from the second impact??:err:

Re: Who is Responsible!

If your son had already impacted the vehicle in front it is going to be very difficult to separate individual causation. If your son had never made initial contact with leading vehicle the yes. As it is, I see you paying for leading vehicle and your front damage and trailing vehicle paying for your rear damage. If leading vehicle has bodily injury claim you both may pay on that. good luck

Re: Who is Responsible!

If your son had already impacted the vehicle in front it is going to be very difficult to separate individual causation. If your son had never made initial contact with leading vehicle the yes. As it is, I see you paying for leading vehicle and your front damage and trailing vehicle paying for your rear damage. If leading vehicle has bodily injury claim you both may pay on that. good luck
I agree. In this case your son may have to pay for the damage to the front vehicle. I hope your son was not intoxicated at that time otherwise it may be altogether a different story.

Back