Will Using Geico Roadside Assistance a Couple of Times a Year Cause my Premium to Go Up?

OldGeorge1950

Expert
Will using Geico roadside assistance a couple of times a year cause my premium to go up? (for example: a dead battery and a flat tire)

I've read many articles on this subject and there seems to be no consensus. There are many posts on the internet(either from private individuals, blogs, or even CNN) that swear insurance premium will surely go up if one uses the roadside assistance offered by Geico. On the other hand, Geico agents insist that there is no effect on my insurance premium. However, can i really trust them on this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The short, simple correct answer is NO.

Roadside assistance claims have no impact on your premiums. People who say otherwise don't understand it correctly.

Excessive roadside claims can cause them to drop your roadside coverage. That is about the extent of it.

Dan

Roadside assistance claims have no impact on your premiums. People who say otherwise don't understand it correctly.

Excessive roadside claims can cause them to drop your roadside coverage. That is about the extent of it.

Dan

that's what I figured...

thanks! :)

Dan

It must be Murphy's Law or something....

72 hours after I added roadside assistance coverage, I got a flat tire on the interstate. :( Guess what? The tire iron in my car doesn't fit the wheel nuts on the wheel. The wrench is too large for the wheel nut. (everything original and I've never had a flat tire on this car)

Well... at least Geico took care of it. Took over an hour for the driver to find me because I was literally in the middle of nowhere.

Latest posts

Back