Windshield Cracked While Driving, what to Do?

I have insurance from AAA California, the comprehensive deductible is $500.
Not sure if they will replace it without paying deductible.
Uploading the pics of damage caused.

Call Safelite. If they can't repair it they can replace the windshield for less than 300 I'm sure. I have an 08 Nissan Altima and they quoted me 238 for a new windshield but i just let my comprehensive take care of it since i have $0 deductible. Definitely call safelite they do great work and will do it while you are at work.

Call Safelite. If they can't repair it they can replace the windshield for less than 300 I'm sure. I have an 08 Nissan Altima and they quoted me 238 for a new windshield but i just let my comprehensive take care of it since i have $0 deductible. Definitely call safelite they do great work and will do it while you are at work.

Safelite is quoting me $422(all inclusive) to replace the windshield.

Parts and labor $378.95
Disposal $9.95
Subtotal $388.90
Sales tax $33.21
Total $422.11

Are there any good windshield brands that I should ask them to use as replacement? I had Saint Gobain as OEM Windshield. As per Safelite, that one would cost a lot (about $200 more).

just have them fill the crack with resin. Its a $50 fix. then wait until it actually cracks to replace. Even if you have full glass they would require you to fix this before they would replace it.

I spoke to agent. As per him, AAA does not provide Full Glass coverage in California :-(

Not to pour salt in the wound, but this is why it's best to have an independent agent. They should be looking out for your interests, not theirs. It's hard to do that when you represent one company.

Just out of curiosity, did you switch to AAA because they were $10 less a month or have you been with them for a long time?

Not to pour salt in the wound, but this is why it's best to have an independent agent. They should be looking out for your interests, not theirs. It's hard to do that when you represent one company.

Just out of curiosity, did you switch to AAA because they were $10 less a month or have you been with them for a long time?

I've been with AAA since I bought the car (9 months).
Before that I did not have my own car. I was occasionally just renting out cars for long trips.

I bought AAA because it was costing me about 80/month compared to quotes from other agencies which were costing $100-$125/month.

I've been with AAA since I bought the car (9 months).
Before that I did not have my own car. I was occasionally just renting out cars for long trips.

I bought AAA because it was costing me about 80/month compared to quotes from other agencies which were costing $100-$125/month.

Well, now you know why it was costing you less than other companies quoted. I'm sure no prior insurance was a factor in the rate because i can't write anyone Preferred without having prior insurance. Since youve maintained insurance for 6 months I'd shop around because it is ludicrous for a company not to cover glass.

Back