Windshield Cracked While Driving, what to Do?

cool.aquarian

Hello,

Bought a mazda3 2015 about 9 months back(hence still under warranty).

Yesterday, while driving at about 35mph in the city on a traffic-less road, I did a lane change, and immediately heard a sound.
Initially was unsure where it came from, but after 5 mins, observed a windshield crack about 1 inch diameter.

Since it happened by itself, can i claim replacement under warranty, or do i still need to pay my insurance deductible?

Assuming you have full glass with no deductible (not sure why anybody would not), file a glass claim. Glass claims are usually not a big deal. Do you know what your coverage is? Do you have an agent?

Hello,

Bought a mazda3 2015 about 9 months back(hence still under warranty).

Yesterday, while driving at about 35mph in the city on a traffic-less road, I did a lane change, and immediately heard a sound.
Initially was unsure where it came from, but after 5 mins, observed a windshield crack about 1 inch diameter.

Since it happened by itself, can i claim replacement under warranty, or do i still need to pay my insurance deductible?

Your warranty isn't going to cover it. Hopefully you have a $0 comprehensive deductible and just file a glass claim. New windshields are about 230 bucks so if your deductible is more than a hundred just pay for it yourself.

Assuming you have full glass with no deductible (not sure why anybody would not), file a glass claim. Glass claims are usually not a big deal. Do you know what your coverage is? Do you have an agent?

I have insurance from AAA California, the comprehensive deductible is $500.
Not sure if they will replace it without paying deductible.
Uploading the pics of damage caused.

Attachments

• WindshieldCrack1.jpg
    WindshieldCrack1.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 20
  • WindshieldCrack2.jpg
    WindshieldCrack2.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
A glass shop can fix this. Its obviously not in the line of sight, so no problems with fixing it. With many insurances, they will cover the full cost of the repair or perhaps a $50 deductible, regardless of your comp deductible. Not sure how AAA works though. Ask your agent how windshield repairs work and what your out of pocket would be.

This looks like a small rock hit the windshield. Its not a warranty type of repair.

Dan

State Farm doesn't cover cracked windshield

----------

I shouted at state farm for not covering my windshield.

Back