Windshield Replacement - Brand and Insurance

cool.aquarian

Hello, I could do with some advise here:

I need to get my 2015 Mazda3 windshield replaced due to a foot long crack caused while driving due to unknown reasons(maybe something hit it, or heat or stress or combination - but definitely not my fault).

I currently have $500 comprehensive deductible, and seems insurance in California(AAA) clearly wants me to pay my full share if I want to go through them.

I've rang up few decent Auto Shops nearby and obtained below best quotes for Windshield replacement (if I pay out of pocket):

1. PGW Windshield(OEM-like) $360 (all inclusive)
2. Dealer Glass(Mazda Sekurit/OEM) Windshield $720 (all inclusive)

Should I pay out of pocket($360) for PGW Windshield or go through insurance for Dealer/OEM windshield ($500)?
((I plan to call insurance to reduce comprehensive deductible after getting this fixed)

Also, does a windshield replacement show up in carfax/autocheck history in below cases:
a. when paid from pocket
b. when claimed from insurance

(I plan to sell the car after about 2 years, so don't want to affect resale value)

Thank you...

Hello, I could do with some advise here:

I need to get my 2015 Mazda3 windshield replaced due to a foot long crack caused while driving due to unknown reasons(maybe something hit it, or heat or stress or combination - but definitely not my fault).

I currently have $500 comprehensive deductible, and seems insurance in California(AAA) clearly wants me to pay my full share if I want to go through them.

I've rang up few decent Auto Shops nearby and obtained below best quotes for Windshield replacement (if I pay out of pocket):

1. PGW Windshield(OEM-like) $360 (all inclusive)
2. Dealer Glass(Mazda Sekurit/OEM) Windshield $720 (all inclusive)

Should I pay out of pocket($360) for PGW Windshield or go through insurance for Dealer/OEM windshield ($500)?
((I plan to call insurance to reduce comprehensive deductible after getting this fixed)

Also, does a windshield replacement show up in carfax/autocheck history in below cases:
a. when paid from po
b. when claimed from insurance
(I plan to sell the car after about 2 years, so don't want to affect resale value)

Thank you...

720 for a Mazda 3 windshield? Seriously? Pay the 360 out of pocket and forget filing the claim. The resale value was affected when you drove it off the lot lol i imagine it could show up on a report since things like oil changes can etc but it isn't a mechanical issue that was replaced.

As far as carfax is concerned, it's a big scam anyway. Hardly anyone reports to carfax except franchised dealers, so if you take it to your locally owned glass shop not only will it save you money, carfax will be none the wiser, and neither will the morons who think they can go out and buy a used car that's never had to have a repair 0_o

Back