CAHU Breaking News Paper Apps Covered CA

Dave020

Super Moderator
California
In my best Ron White voice, "There's some good news" :goofy:

CAHU has heard from many agents regarding the problems with faxed and mailed individual applications sent into Covered California not yet showing up on the agent portal and we have been hard at work to solve the problem. We have some important information to share with our agents to help get those applications added and active.

One: Check your online portal account for new delegations notices several times each day, because as data entry occurs on the Covered California side, agent delegations are being constantly updated throughout their system. Agents must accept the delegations in order to move the application process forward.

We have learned that Covered California has added (and are adding even more) staff to input the paper and faxed apps to address the backlog. Covered California staff are going to be adding individual application information up to the agent delegation section. And they will stop there.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The submitting agent will need to complete the application online from that point.

This means the agent will have to add the rest of the data from their copy of the paper application.

We have also learned they are making applications with designated agents the top priority for data entry so that agents can complete their applications online
as soon as possible.

Two: The additional information that we have received is that if individual apps still are not showing up in the agent portal in the next 24 hours, agents should go ahead and create a new account for that individual application and enter the entire application online. Covered California will check CalHEERS before entering information check if the agent has already created an account to hopefully reduce duplicate apps.

Covered California will conduct a webinar next week (please watch for an invite tomorrow from Covered California) that will provide even better details and a refresher on the step by step instructions on how to complete the online application. This will also include instructions on how to recreate your agent pin, if you have forgotten your pin.

If you mean charging agents, nothing. But these are generally people who are too irresponsible to buy insurance and can't complete it online. Most are less than enthused about paying for coverage.

My guess is people doing this are generally low enough income to either qualify for Medicaid or a huge subsidy. So Medicaid and/or old. Exactly what the exchange wants.

I can't wait to call a doctor for an appointment in a few years and hear the receptionist say, "Is 6 weeks from the 30th ok, eh?"

Rick

C'mon Ricky, you must of known I was being facetious.

Me thinks they looked, saw the high prices..........and bolted out of Kali

I received 5 leads. One only spoke Spanish and another told me she didn't want to talk to me because of all the "scams."

The other 3 I called once and left a message. That's all I'm willing to do.

Because none of these people asked for their personal information which includes name, zip code, phone and email to be released I don't think I'd be willing to accept any more leads. This has to be a HIPAA violation and certainly a violation of the DNC requirements.

Plus, how much effort should agents give to a system that did not even promote our services until they found out how much they sucked at enrollments?

Lastly, did you see the policy count. 140K in Medicaid and 80K in the exchange. I guess that must be sustaining at no additional cost to the taxpayers somehow.

Rick

Back