Covered CA No Web Based Interface in OEP

Dave020

Super Moderator
California
So, only agents can certify, not agencies nor entities, and there will be no legal interface for Covered CA on agent web sites?

Can Web-Based Agents be Certified?
Posted: 16 Jul 2013 08:36 AM PDT
**Question**: I read today CoveredCa will not partner with for profit web base brokers. Dose this mean they will not certify them or allow them to place business through the exchange?

**Answer**: No, any licensed agent who completes the required training and passes the certification test can be certified to place business through Covered California. Only individual agents can be certified - not business entities or agencies. The fact that an agent operates a web-based business does not affect his or her eligibility for certification. Covered California has decided to delay, for at least the initial open enrollment period, the electronic interface that would allow web-based agents to connect to the exchange with full functionality. Such functionality would allow an applicant to complete the entire application and enrollment process without leaving the web-based agent's web site. Federally facilitated exchanges (33 states) plan to provide this interface this year.

I hope every agent in the country who is planning to use a Web Broker's service will take the time to call and ask if that web broker will be connected to the exchange(s) where the agent wants to do business.

Thanks for sharing that Q&A blurb from the Covered California website, Dave. I like them. They honestly answer every question I submit in less than a day.
-ac

I called Quotit--no information, no comment, no idea, no clue.

Basically they are not saying anything and refuse to say anything on this or other questions about online quoting services starting in 74 days.

:nah:

I called Quotit--no information, no comment, no idea, no clue.

Basically they are not saying anything and refuse to say anything on this or other questions about online quoting services starting in 74 days.

:nah:

This "not saying anything" seems to be a disturbing and growing pattern from not only the Web-Brokers, but the Exchange Administrations and Insurance Companies as well, Dave.

President Obama said today that there will be "problems" with the Exchange launches. If he uses the word "problem" when referring to his own brain-child, in actuality we'll experience something much more dire, IMO.
-ac

I posed the question to Q&A and the following answer tonight.

What happens to online quoting services?
By Phil Daigle on July 18, 2013 12:14 PM | No Comments
Question: Given your recent Q&A regarding no web based interface for Covered CA for the initial open enrollment, what impact will this have on agent online quoting and enrollment services like Quotit, Norvax or HealthConnect? Agents need to know what restrictions this places on those services beginning in October. The service I use refuses to discuss or provide any information as to whether or not they can even provide quoting much less online public access and app/enrollment options.

Answer: They’ll still be in business. Covered California will provide their rates to online quoting services such as those you mentioned, so the those vendors will be able to provide online quoting services to brokers for both exchange and off-exchange plans. However, Covered California will not supply an interface, so their services will lack the functionality to connect to Covered California’s online application or subsidy eligibility process. The way I see it at this point, the consumer who arrives at your website can be interactively engaged with online quoting, but then they will have to be guided or linked to the Exchange website to be logged in with your certified agent ID (perhaps automatically) and complete the tax credit eligibility process there. It is my understanding, that plan selection and enrollment can either take place at the exchange site or a carrier’s site, but we’ll have to see how that works. Stay tuned. For those consumers who obviously not subsidy eligible, you should be able to quote and link to carrier online apps just as you do now.

Back