Covered California for 2016

Over 50% of enrollments were done without an agent. If a consumer looks at the shop and compare tool, and begins to compare plans, the definition of the rating system is not consumer facing. Just like people see bad ratings on yelp or review Schema, they see bad ratings with the tool. We as agents may know its a joke, but they the consumer do not.

If any intelligent person is given a choice over a newly made HMO insurance group, that requires referrals, waiting periods, more referrals, more waiting periods, and Molina defined "Medically Necessary" alternatives, VS something like a trusted brand name PPO, which do you think they would choose? When introducing a new Health Insurance system it tends to have problems, take for instance say, I dunno.... maybe Covered CA?

Again, being the cheapest is not enough to keep retention. Someone will always come along and be cheaper. Maybe selling value isn't your thing, but Im sure the most successful agents would tell you otherwise.

The network is one determining factor, yes, however Kaiser is an HMO as well and has 4 stars...

Molina has taken less than 1% of the market share in each of their regions over the last two years. Our "pimping" is merely a result of the opportunity that has been created by finally having a competitive carrier to market in the region. Their network is robust, and can support the membership increase.

Although I enjoy the heady GA/IMO bashing that goes on here - we aren't all "good for nothing" Kool-Aid drinkers.

*Sips Crystal Light* ;)

Your contradiction makes no sense.

I have already given you my reasoning... price competition.

LA Care does pay us more... so... what's your theory now?

My theory is that you are here not to help but to recruit. Molina was born from a Medicaid provider and will always be a 2nd tier company. I can see people buying it on exchange because they're broke anyway.

But I don't think they are viable off exchange for people that want a decent network and not just an HMO.

Rick

I completely forgot that this forum is read exclusively by agents who cater only to the affluent.

What was I thinking... actually "pretending" to "care" about the interests of the po' folk and those horrible agents who serve them.

I guess I'll go find a space where it is an open forum, rather than just a barrage of opinion spew totaling 13,634 "thoughts" and maybe more by the time I hit reply.

I completely forgot that this forum is read exclusively by agents who cater only to the affluent.

What was I thinking... actually "pretending" to "care" about the interests of the po' folk and those horrible agents who serve them.

I guess I'll go find a space where it is an open forum, rather than just a barrage of opinion spew totaling 13,634 "thoughts" and maybe more by the time I hit reply.

derek, what you're missing is industry experience. based on a quick search you've been licensed for 2 years. frankly, you don't know your rear end from a hole in the ground when it comes to our industry. you like the rest of the people your age grabbed a l&h license looking to hit it big with obamadontcare because as you stated "it's the law". good luck on your new career path

Back