Covered California for 2016

DS4

Guru
1000 Post Club
2016 info is starting to trickle in...
Currently in 4 northern counties, Blue Shield is dark. As of 1.01.16, Blue Shield will be in all Calif counties, and, have a PPO. EPO is gone from rural counties.
Also, UHC will break into Calif and will be in regions 1,9,11,12 and 13 for 2016.

2016 info is starting to trickle in...
Currently in 4 northern counties, Blue Shield is dark. As of 1.01.16, Blue Shield will be in all Calif counties, and, have a PPO. EPO is gone from rural counties.
Also, UHC will break into Calif and will be in regions 1,9,11,12 and 13 for 2016.

Can you post a map?

Rick

Which one is right...

1.) California has a combined 60% non-payment of premium / lapse rate.

2.) California is leading the nation in ObamaCare success and satisfaction.

#1 was the lead story a couple of months ago.
#2 is the lead story we're reading today.

:nah:

My non pay is running about 25%. Included in this % are insured's that didn't pay their $1 premium!

More bad news from Covered Ca. Agents will no longer rec $58 for helping enroll MediCal. Covered Ca goes on in the meno to state they hope agents will continue to honor the , "no wrong door" policy to enroll MediCal.

My non pay is running about 25%. Included in this % are insured's that didn't pay their $1 premium!

More bad news from Covered Ca. Agents will no longer rec $58 for helping enroll MediCal. Covered Ca goes on in the meno to state they hope agents will continue to honor the , "no wrong door" policy to enroll MediCal.

Wow. 25% attrition was unheard of before ObamaCare made health insurance mandatory. It averaged only about 5% before the Affordable Scare Act. It's sad that Obama didn't learn from his American History studies. He would have known that Americans HATE being attacked!

The most successful beaming-beacon of U.S. health exchanges can no longer afford to pay agents-brokers for Medi-Cal? Oh, but you'll still spend an hour with each applicant for no compensation because it's "the right thing to do". The Naivety seems to have rolled downhill from WashDC to CoveredCA.

----------

Looks like California will be getting at least two new players for 2016. United HealthCare and OSCAR. (Not the Hollywood Oscar)

Story: Oscar Wants To ‘Revolutionize’ Health Care. But Will It Even Survive Covered California? | Kaiser Health News

I wonder if Oscar utilizes and pays Brokers?

CoveredCA rates have been out, and for a look at an analysis you can google the news story. Molina is dropping their rates drastically and will take over the top spot for most metal levels in nearly all of Southern California.

If you cannot find the report, DM me and I can provide you. I am a GA for Molina and can help any agents interested in obtaining a contract.

-Derek

Molina had the lowest consumer rating for 2015 (2/4 stars) alongside LA Healthcare, and the least amount of enrollments in Southern CA excluding single region plans like Sharp and LA Health. What besides price would attract enrollees?

2015 Covered CA Individuals Enrolled in Southern CA - 13,207

Not to mention the 3 million+ people in Orange County that wont have Molina available.

The star ratings are a joke. This is from CoveredCA:

"A four-star plan means a plan placed in the top 25 percent of all rated plans. Three stars are given for those that landed in the 50- to 75-percent band, while a two-star plan means it scored in the 25- to 50-percent band of all plans. One star is given for those plans scoring in the bottom 25 percent."

Let me help you understand:

Ex. Customer Satisfaction Ratings
Kaiser 87% 4 Stars
Blue 85% 3 Stars
Molina 82% 2 Stars
LA Care 56% 1 Star

Comprende? :yes:

If you are telling me that Molina doesn't deserve an opportunity in the market because of a ratings system cooked up and put in place by executives from CoveredCA - then I guess you can go ahead and keep drinking... or chugging the Kool Aid.

Health Insurance is now the law... people are shopping on price more than you think. Do you check your auto insurer's star ratings when you buy or do you go by price? If it isn't something you utilize, why pay more?

If you are telling me that Molina doesn't deserve an opportunity in the market because of a ratings system cooked up and put in place by executives from CoveredCA - then I guess you can go ahead and keep drinking... or chugging the Kool Aid.

Pretty sure t he network makes a difference and Molina is basically an HMO provider.

However, since you are pimping them like mad we can assume you get one hell of an override. You might be the kool aid drinker.

Rick

Back