Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance Exchange Forum > California

Reply to Covered California Commission Question     
Old 08-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #1

State: Gracy92 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Covered California Commission Question Covered california commissions
Hello to everyone , I am new agent enrolling through Covered California program or ACA I'm trying to know what are the rates on commission , Here in my county only are affiliated Blue shield ,Molina and I think Kaiser . I try to call Covered California and they told me that the carries decide what commission they are going to be paid , If anyone knows any information regarding this , I would really appreciated.

Thank you.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Covered California Commission Question

Old 08-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #2

Covered California Commission Question Covered California Commission Question Gracy92 is the thread starter for: Covered California Commission Question

Hello to everyone , I am new agent enrolling through Covered California program or ACA I'm trying to know what are the rates on commission , Here in my county only are affiliated Blue shield ,Molina and I think Kaiser . I try to call Covered California and they told me that the carries decide what commission they are going to be paid , If anyone knows any information regarding this , I would really appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
Guru

State: Dave020 is an Insurance Agent from California
Dave020 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Covered California Commission Question Re: Covered California Commission Question
Carriers pay commission on Individual & Family business.

Covered CA pays commission only on SHOP small group business.

Blue Shield currently 2.5% First year 1.5% Renewal

Kaiser $100 per member First Year $50 per member Renewal

Molina I believe is $19 per member per month (if you get paid at all )

Anthem is $12 per member First Year $9 per member Renewal. Anthem is exiting most of the CA market in 2018 and is not a participant in the SHOP

Health Net pays flat 2% First Year and Renewal

Blue Shield offers bonuses so you can make extra $$$ selling and retaining with them.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #4

Covered California Commission Question Re: Covered California Commission Question Gracy92 is the thread starter for: Covered California Commission Question

Thank you!!! I already call Molina but it's 19 per member in the policy or is per application? Im not really sure , because in most of the cases are more than one member subscribe with Molina.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #5
Guru

State: FLM2 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
FLM2 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Covered California Commission Question Re: Covered California Commission Question
Originally Posted by Gracy92 View Post
Thank you!!! I already call Molina but it's 19 per member in the policy or is per application? Im not really sure , because in most of the cases are more than one member subscribe with Molina.
It's per member, not application-you have to be out of your mind to enter this part of the insurance industry at this time, by the way, it's virtually impossible for a new agent to make a living.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #6

Covered California Commission Question Re: Covered California Commission Question Gracy92 is the thread starter for: Covered California Commission Question

Are you trying to said that's is not a good investment ?? to try to make a living of this market?
Old 08-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #7
Guru

State: FLM2 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
FLM2 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Are you trying to said that's is not a good investment ?? to try to make a living of this market?
Which part of my statement that 'you have to be crazy to enter this market' is difficult to understand?
Old 08-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #8
Guru
GreenSky on Covered California Commission Question

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Perhaps I can make it clearer.

You'll go broke trying to make a living selling individual health insurance.

Rick
Old 08-04-2017, 10:35 AM   #9
Super Genius

State: rcduggan is an Insurance Agent from California
hey well i thought with the aca law in effect and now that everyone has to have insurance, i'd make millions offering individual health insurance. jeez, guess i have to go back to door to door vacuum selling...
Old 08-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #10

Thanks for the support haha :P I'm thinking on selling not only that but its good to know the reality!
Reply to Covered California Commission Question 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance Exchange Forum > California