Health Insurance Agents in California

we have a public responsibility to assist the consumer whether we are paid or not.

I already have a hobby. If I am not going to be paid for my time I am happy to suggest they call the carrier direct.

I have no moral or ethical responsibility to work for free.

I already have a hobby. If I am not going to be paid for my time I am happy to suggest they call the carrier direct.

I have no moral or ethical responsibility to work for free.

About 30 years ago (Somarco was only in his 40s) someone pointed out it did not help my clients if I went bankrupt.

If I am going to make next to nothing, I'll choose which product (HDF) I will write.

Obamacrap already costs me a fortune in taxes. I won't have it cost me more in time than my commission is worth.

Rick

It sounds a possibility that European countries may be doing better than any other world countries when comes to the entire health and insurance sector, especially the coordination between the government and private sector. In reference to Germany where foreigner can access the services without government interference!! I think the world should learn about these strategies. Seem to be working perfectly.

It sounds a possibility that European countries may be doing better than any other world countries when comes to the entire health and insurance sector, especially the coordination between the government and private sector. In reference to Germany where foreigner can access the services without government interference!! I think the world should learn about these strategies. Seem to be working perfectly.

And just how are these programs affecting the taxpayers? Nothing better than having a US Citizen go to German for "free" healthcare. No downside to German citizens on this one I'm sure.

Rick

In talking to my Cigna rep today via e-mail, it came out that Quotit is incorrect in that Cigna is paying commission in CA on Gold and Platinum. 2% for those and 5% on Silver/Bronze. Because of losses on the higher tiers, Cigna does not want online quoting in CA for Gold and Platinum so you have to get the gold rates from your rep and the platinum rates from broker services. All now require paper application (like Assurant which dropped CA to 1%).

This is all an intended consequence of the PPACA. When insurance companies cannot make a reasonable profit marketing health insurance, they will exit the marketplace. In the face of no underwriting, unlimited claims exposure, and as health care expenses continue to climb, despite what the POTUS said in his BS State of the Union Address last night, premiums cannot be increased to match, and agent commissions will dwindle to 0% as insurers struggle to meet the ridiculous 80% and 85% MLR mandates. When agents don't get paid, policies don't get sold, and profits die quickly. Exit the insurer.

The pissant Democrats, when they had the chance, chose not to force a federally-operated "single-payer" health care system down the throats of Americans for three reasons: 1) the majority of Americans (who are covered by group health insurance) really don't want it; 2) they would get voted out of office (which happened anyway), and 3) they're just spineless to begin with. And of course, America can't afford it, but no one in politics wants to say that aloud.

Health insurance, as we know it today, is on the endangered species list. Instead of complaining about disappearing commissions, you should be busy filling your book of business regardless, because your business should not be about the money. Your health insurance clients represent other opportunities to market life insurance, annuities, auto, homeowners, and more. Don't overlook that.

And if you're really upset about all this, then get off your a** and start advocating for something meaningful.

Back