*HELP* Health Insurance for Over Age 65 with Green Card

vtecvick

Hi guys I'm trying to help out a family friend of mine. He is currently the age of 70 years old. He has a green card and is in and out of California. He needs to have a kidney transplant and has a specific hospital in Rochester, Minnesota.

Questions I have are:

1. Can you still get health insurance over the age of 65 if you don't have medicare.

2. Would a PPO insurance cover the Kidney transplant in another state (minnesota)

I appreciate all the help

Hi guys I'm trying to help out a family friend of mine. He is currently the age of 70 years old. He has a green card and is in and out of California. He needs to have a kidney transplant and has a specific hospital in Rochester, Minnesota.

Questions I have are:

1. Can you still get health insurance over the age of 65 if you don't have medicare.

2. Would a PPO insurance cover the Kidney transplant in another state (minnesota)

Yes, he qualifies for subsidies. Many networks are statewide plans so you better do your homework on what plans that hospital will take. You could go off exchange and purchase a strong plan like Assurant with a nationwide network but no subsidy.

Questions I have are:

Question 1) Yes

Question 2) Yes but like CABenefits has indicated, do your research.

In my experience Cigna has darn good networks nationwide. Why does this person not have medicare? You do understand it is NOT cost effective to purchase a standard health insurance policy vs medicare?

Question 1) Yes

Question 2) Yes but like CABenefits has indicated, do your research.

In my experience Cigna has darn good networks nationwide. Why does this person not have medicare? You do understand it is NOT cost effective to purchase a standard health insurance policy vs medicare?

Likely don't qualify for Medicare.

Back