UHC In the Individual Marketplace

I understand that UHC is returning to the CA individual marketplace in 2016. I never sold UHC in the individual marketplace in the 5 years that I've worked the market in CA. Does anyone have any information regarding their distribution models, commissions, etc? Will we need to have an FMO like with senior products? I hope not.

United will be entering the market this year, but the pricing data released by CoveredCA shows that they will not be competitive. We are an FMO for them, but you can also contract directly.

Molina is an interesting carrier to look at for 2016 as they will have the best priced silver plan in many of the regions of Southern California. Molina requires agents to work through an FMO. If you are interested in contracting with either of those carriers DM me.

brokersbroker.co

Going with a GA FMO IMO WTF MGA usually gives you the advantages of next tier commissions (above street level) and sometimes kickbacks for marketing...Free leads, lead cost matching, etc. Sometimes you can negotiate the contract higher without even meeting annual production levels.

HOWEVER, in the wonderful new world of health insurance, I highly doubt you will have access to any kind of commission tier, and UHC provides the same services to Direct Agents as they would a small GA or FMO. Also escaping from a GA contract to go Direct can be difficult and messy. Do yourself a favor and go Direct.

Oh and Molina wont even be offered in the same areas as UHC so I don't see how they would compete >_<

Molina is an interesting carrier to look at for 2016 as they will have the best priced silver plan in many of the regions of Southern California. Molina requires agents to work through an FMO. If you are interested in contracting with either of those carriers DM me.

Price is important but seeing a doctor might be a bit more important.

The biggest medical group in So Cal is Heathcare Partners. They don't accept Molina. The "best" group in my area is Facey. They don't accept Molina.

Please tell me once again why they have such a wonderful network?

Rick

Price is important but seeing a doctor might be a bit more important.

The biggest medical group in So Cal is Heathcare Partners. They don't accept Molina. The "best" group in my area is Facey. They don't accept Molina.

Please tell me once again why they have such a wonderful network?

Rick

Rick....

With all do respect, your Avatar aptly has described your approach to the internet today. Read carefully, as this 10 minutes of research is apparently too much for you to handle.

PCP Doctors within 50 Miles of:

Los Angeles
Kaiser = 4,128
Blue Shield = 1,646
Molina = 1,526
HealthNet = 1,320 (HealthNet has 33.6% of Region 16's market share)

San Diego
Blue Shield = 634
Molina = 493
HealthNet = 368
Kaiser = 199

I hope this will put an end to your flame war.

The number of doctors is not important. The quality of the doctors is.

Molina is primarily a Medi-Cal provider and that's the type of doctors in their network. It's great for people who buy insurance only because they are forced to because of Obamacrap or want the lowest priced plan.

They only offer an HMO and although they are not necessarily a death sentence combining the lowest priced doctors they can find with an HMO platform can be an issue.

If you don't like my avatar, I guess I could apologize. But I won't. I'm very blunt in my approach and if someone (you in particular) want to pimp a company as being terrific because they're cheap I'll call you on it.

BTW, I checked to see if Molina worked with Scripps. Of course not. At least you have Vantage in San Diego - just like everyone else.

I stand by my opinion. Molina is a healthplan that works primarily with Medicaid providers. You get what you pay for.

And lastly thanks for the phone call. Clearly you need to learn the purpose of insurance.

Rick

It's great for people who buy insurance only because they are forced to because of Obamacrap or want the lowest priced plan.

Thank you for confirming a point that you've denied until now.

thanks for the phone call. Clearly you need to learn the purpose of insurance.

This is coming from the guy who literally just told me that he hasn't sold an Individual/Family plan since the ACA started....

I'm glad there is a forum where folks like you can come and pretend to be something that they aren't. The internet is a beautiful thing Richard.

Sincerely,

A French Model

Back