What Are Your Experiences with Getting Covered California Certified for 2015

Hi, I was wondering everyone experience is this year with getting Certified by Covered California. I've signed up with the learning portal (this is my first year) but they do not seem to have the correct courses and testing.

Anyone else have similar or contradictory experiences?

Thanks!

There are plenty of CA health agents on this forum. However, they all certified last year for Covered CA and since no re-certification is required for 2015 OEP, likely none can answer your questions about new first-time certification rules/issues.

Unless things are different for 2015, you have to sign up and then request a seat at a physical course (8 hours) in your area, then do the online exams and finish the certification.

Dave, thanks for the reply!

They have changed the mandate for an in-person class.. It's all online now but having trouble accessing it.

ALSO - Interesting, so they got rid of the requirement for re-certification??? Good news :)

I wondered if they were ever going to bring out the online certification. You're lucky, sitting through that all day blah blah blah session was terrible. No idea how the online one works, sorry.

The only requirement for those already certified was to sign a contact amendment update including the new $58 per app Medi-Cal payment. Took about 30 seconds.

That's what they're going to pay agents per app, $58 fee instead of commission. That's per app, not per member.

I got an email today saying they will have the 'Online' certification class ready next week on the Learning Portal. LOL I've been doing all the stuff from last year. (Way to wait to the last minutes Covered California)

Yes Dave, $58 per app, my bad. I'm getting certified not to make the small fee but to get access to the buyers (cross-sell) and to actually help people out. :)

Latest posts

Back