Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Certified Financial Planners (CFP)

Reply to The American College Will Announce WMCP this Fall     
Old 06-04-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
DHK
Guru
DHK on The American College Will Announce WMCP this Fall

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
The American College Will Announce WMCP this Fall The American College Will Announce WMCP this Fall
The American College Welcomes Wealth Management Thought Leader David Blanchett As Adjunct Faculty

The American College Of Financial Services And GAMA International Launch New Educational

http://www.investopedia.com/financia...actually-need/

When Dr. Robert Johnson, PhD, CFA, CAIA took the post of CEO of The American College a few years ago, he welcomed open ideas regarding the College and/or anything else. I submitted that the College did not have a mid-range investment-oriented designation that could "compete" with CIMA that would be a good fit for its students and that HE would be an ideal person to help develop such a curriculum as he himself is a CFA and CAIA. Dr. Johnson agreed with me.

A couple of years later, Dr. Michael Finke from Texas Tech joined the faculty at The American College as Chief Academic Officer and he was forwarded a copy of my email from Dr. Robert Johnson and we spoke by phone about it.

It appears that out of that idea, a new designation called Wealth Management Certified Professional (WMCP) will be launched this fall and, in my opinion, will help to close a cap of course curriculum offerings from The American College.
------------------------------------

Last edited by DHK; 06-04-2017 at 09:20 PM.
  Reply With Quote to The American College Will Announce WMCP this Fall

Reply to The American College Will Announce WMCP this Fall 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Certified Financial Planners (CFP)