CFP Certification

The CFP designation is the best decision you could make in your financial career. It's also the hardest test in my opinion. It has a lower pass rate than the bar exam. There are only 60,000 cfps in the world. And it's about a 30% pass rate. They say it's higher but it's not. Do your own research. Most people have to take it 2-3 times and it will cost you about $20,000 for a training course that will pass you the first time. My mentor studied in 6 months and passed his first time which is rare. Normally takes 1-2 years of self study to pass, but with proper training it's achievable in less time. I would recommend the same thing as the other commentary. Get a 63 or 65. And don't worry about who to get appointed with yet .

Last edited:
his guess was off, but so what. Now we know: overall rate 41.7%. I passed the first time so I am feeling good.

Two things, he didn't say it as a guess. He said it as a statement. He said it's around 30% and that "they" say it's higher but it's not.

The second item, you say it's 41.7%, but that's not the statistic on CFP's web site. Just curious where you got the number of 41.7%. In reality it really doesn't matter, but I really would love to know where you got 41.7%.

Two things, he didn't say it as a guess. He said it as a statement. He said it's around 30% and that "they" say it's higher but it's not. The second item, you say it's 41.7%, but that's not the statistic on CFP's web site. Just curious where you got the number of 41.7%. In reality it really doesn't matter, but I really would love to know where you got 41.7%.
you're right, it doesn't matter. However, on the "Pass rate for repeaters" table, I simply divided the totals (approx: 10k/24k).

----------

Two things, he didn't say it as a guess. He said it as a statement. He said it's around 30% and that "they" say it's higher but it's not. The second item, you say it's 41.7%, but that's not the statistic on CFP's web site. Just curious where you got the number of 41.7%. In reality it really doesn't matter, but I really would love to know where you got 41.7%.
I know: that's wrong. That's just the repeaters. My bad.

Back