CFP or CHFC? Yes I Made a Huge Error!

I held the CFP for almost 15 years. 2 1/2 years ago I let it go because I never thought I would be back in the financial business. Now I wish I had maintained my CEU's....

Now, the CFP Board of Standards is not requiring that I go through any classes, just that I pass the test.

I realize that this thread is over 2 yrs old... but was wondering if you did attain your CFP again...? This thread and your comments got me thinking, as I too held the CFP from back in 1989 for about 10 yrs then decided it would be unlikely for me to return to the financial biz again... Well unlikely hit about 4 yrs ago... so we just never know for sure, do we...?

While I hadn't even given the CFP two thoughts [or little more] since I have returned to insurance, your thread and question gave me pause to think of this. So apparently even though I voluntarily surrendered the designation over 10 yrs ago, apparently I would only need to submit and application and sit for the exam again...? Amazing. While I wouldn't relish the idea of doing this, I might think about it since I wouldn't have to take the segmented course [5 or 6 parts] and the exam for each part which was an absolute deal breaker for me. But being able to brush up on fundamentals and sit for the final exam is another story. I guess I'd have to think if it would do anything for me once again having the CFP designation...? Probably not, but nice to know that it is not as impossible as I once thought.

So to the OP, did you end up following thru and getting your CFP designation again...? If so, how was the prep class and sitting for the final exam...? Would love to know if you are still about and active on the forum. Thx. SN

You should have gone for certified financial planner

Must you respond to every f*cking old post you find just to get your link seen.

Keep it up and I promise to reponsd to every one of your posts in a negative fashion about your service. I'm sure google will just love it.

You add nothing to the forum so just go away.

Rick

Back