Working Out of a Home Office As a Financial Planner?

Right. And even executive suites in A space is $1300+ per month. I was doing the executive suite before my training position. I'm just not sure I want to do that again, but I must admit it was very convenient to have all my meetings (or at least all my 2nd and subsequent meetings) in the office. A Guardian friend of mine has decided to keep his office allowance from his GA and do ALL his client meetings in their homes. I find doing meetings in their homes is a lot more distracting. He takes a HDMI cable and puts his computer on their HDTV when applicable. I have a 20" external monitor (have to use a small piece of luggage to carry it) for home meetings. The biggest issue to me is whether I am percieved as less credible because I meet somewhere other than an office. I don't mind asking people if they would rather have a rookie in a rented office or a professional with 30 years experience in the comfort and convenience of their home or office. Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think having an office or not means much in terms of credibility. For my personal situation, I could never do it with a young child and stay at home wife. I tried to work from home for two months when starting my agency and it didn't work... for me the increase in productivity justified the cost of a class B executive office suite at the time. Now I have 2600 Ft with 2 employees and 6 independent contractors with office space and the costs have risen but it has worked out well.

I would not hesitate to work with a financial planner working from home if the rest of his credentials added up.

Of course an agent can do what Mark R. does. Set up the office in the basement and raise Praying Mantises while selling insurance, financial plans, Praying Mantis eggs, etc.

Back