A client for life!!! With a simple tool.

This is the concept and I will subscribe you guys as well just please email me your email addresses.

1. An article about health related topics
2. A quote of the month, something positive and encouraging.
3. A medical joke of the month, this gets the most response too, so crazy.
4. Discount coupons for contact lenses, drugstore.com, stuff like that.
5. Other links that may empower and/or educate my clients
6. A highlight of a product that I might offer, life, accident, dental etc.

It's a consistent layout every months also.

It takes a bit of effort but I notice that I'll find an article I like, bookmark it then copy/paste it in for sending it out for first of the month, usually, lol.

For instance, since it was July 4th, I had an article about preventing skin cancer, originating from Health magazine.

Take it and run with it, any other suggestions to really make it kick butt, add em up here!

:idea:

Re:How Regis Can Help Boost A client for life!!! With a simple tool.

Kudos on the wisdom of the newsletter.

You've obviously leveraged this newsletter to
create and foster relationships with your clients
and the content suggestions you've provided are
really good.

I've been successful with newsletters too and one
formula that has stood the test of time is right
in front of everyone's noses but is seldom used.

Here's what I'm talking about. Regis has been on
TV since I was in elementary school and he has
used the exact same formulaic beginning to his
program and it has been a HUGE contributing
factor to his longevity and for the immense
loyalty of his following.

It all revolves around basically what is going on
in his life. It is brief, but worth watching if you've
never paid attention to this before...and then of
course apply it in your newsletter format.

Here's a couple of things to watch for when you peak at Regis. He always starts with some element of what happened to him recently such as when he was out to dinner and some experience he had...plus he always
works in his Notre Dame...so just take a peak (Tivo the first 10 minutes of his show) at the other element that he touches on and start to work this into the newsletter and you'll further strengthen the relationship glue.

It is easy to discount this feedback, but keep in mind drive through fast food came about by looking at a totally non-related business and taking what was working there and bringing it to fast food.

Hope this helps.

OnTheFrontLines

Re: How Regis Can Help Boost A client for life!!! With a simple tool.

Kudos on the wisdom of the newsletter.

You've obviously leveraged this newsletter to
create and foster relationships with your clients
and the content suggestions you've provided are
really good.

I've been successful with newsletters too and one
formula that has stood the test of time is right
in front of everyone's noses but is seldom used.

Here's what I'm talking about. Regis has been on
TV since I was in elementary school and he has
used the exact same formulaic beginning to his
program and it has been a HUGE contributing
factor to his longevity and for the immense
loyalty of his following.

It all revolves around basically what is going on
in his life. It is brief, but worth watching if you've
never paid attention to this before...and then of
course apply it in your newsletter format.

Here's a couple of things to watch for when you peak at Regis. He always starts with some element of what happened to him recently such as when he was out to dinner and some experience he had...plus he always
works in his Notre Dame...so just take a peak (Tivo the first 10 minutes of his show) at the other element that he touches on and start to work this into the newsletter and you'll further strengthen the relationship glue.

It is easy to discount this feedback, but keep in mind drive through fast food came about by looking at a totally non-related business and taking what was working there and bringing it to fast food.

Hope this helps.

OnTheFrontLines

Making it personal is an awesome idea, without a doubt, nice addition to the post, thanks!
:cool:

I also want to include networking plugs for my clients that may have an online site or something of that nature, to make it more of a community feel to it.

Thoughts?

Bueller?

To all you agents out there as an independent paramedical examiner if I was to create a newsletter to send out to agents what would be the kind of info you would like to see? It definitely would have the joke of the month section kinda along the lines of "how many agents does it take to screw in a light bulb" (just kidding). I wouldn't want it to be long probably 1 to 2 pages at the most. I like the idea of including a useful website link and inlcude a useful online discount code like Rubliano puts in his. A insurance related story from the news ect... Give me your feed back its much appreciated.

Bryan

Gulf Coast Exams
"An Agent's Best Friend"

I have also had great success by staying in touch with my clients. (Success equals referrals which are easily turned into sales.)

I send personalized birthday letters with a cartoon at the top that I put together using clip art. I received very little feed back when I sent birthday cards. I get a great response from the birthday letters.

A "news letter" is sent out around the first of the year, also personalized, telling my clients what has been going on in my and Jacqueline's (my wife) life. It does not even mention the word insurance except for the PS at the bottom.

I want them to know me as a person, not just an insurance agent. It is much harder for people to "fire" a friend than it is someone they never hear from and who don't feel that they know.

Throughout the year I will send them insurance related info, also personalized but not on a regular basis. New products, health related info, etc.

Talk about a client "for life". When Jacqueline and I got married in 2000, at the top of the newsletter that year I put a pic of us standing in the surf toasting each other. I stopped by a client's house about eight months later and she said I had to go in the living room. There, sitting on the mantle, was the pic of the two of us. She had cut it out and had it matted and framed.

Three years ago Jacqueline got a new puppy and I used that for the pic at the top. This year it will probably have a pic of the kids we had this spring.

I receive tons of phone calls from clients each time I send one of those out.

Three years ago Jacqueline got a new puppy and I used that for the pic at the top. This year it will probably have a pic of the kids we had this spring.
Frank:

I know that the "kids" you are speaking of are goats. Are you also going to send out pictures of you eating them or just when you help them over the fence?

Rick

Talk about a client "for life". When Jacqueline and I got married in 2000, at the top of the newsletter that year I put a pic of us standing in the surf toasting each other. I stopped by a client's house about eight months later and she said I had to go in the living room. There, sitting on the mantle, was the pic of the two of us. She had cut it out and had it matted and framed.

If she put it on her fridge I could see it. People put all sorts of weird stuff on the door. But famed and matted in her living room?

Sounds like a stalker to me. If not that, then a very, very strange person whom I'd be real careful with!

You ever see an old Clint Eastwood flick called Play Misty For Me?

Don't you live rural wilds? Where did the film Deliverance take place?

The Jackass

Last edited by a moderator:
I receive tons of phone calls from clients each time I send one of those out.

How many do you send out?

What is the definition here of "tons of phone calls?" Ten? A hundred? A thousand?

The Jackass

Frank:

I know that the "kids" you are speaking of are goats. Are you also going to send out pictures of you eating them or just when you help them over the fence?

Rick

You also know that the goats we raise are full-blood, registered show goats.

I have never eaten goat meat but definitely would not eat one that would bring that kind of money. Not when one can buy goats to eat for around $125 to $150.

Back