College Funding

David C

Guru
100+ Post Club
Do any of you work in the college funding market? i.e. charging a fee, realigning assets to help clients qualify for more goodies?

What's your overall experience (please based only on first hand knowledge, not what you may have heard from a former agents housekeeper who moved back to Argentina after the agent went bankrupt).

Do any of you work in the college funding market? i.e. charging a fee, realigning assets to help clients qualify for more goodies?

What's your overall experience (please based only on first hand knowledge, not what you may have heard from a former agents housekeeper who moved back to Argentina after the agent went bankrupt).

David,
I'm thinking of trying this. I read about Tim Austin/Brian Kay/Pamela Yellen/ Ron Caruthers/Andy Lockwood and NICCP. The first group promises a lot. The group is really into marketing... getting others to buy into their "systems". Don't know too much about NICCP other than what's on their website. It may be a good idea to look elesewhere.

Honestly, check with your local school district and see whether anyone does it. I have met very few people who actually make money with clients. MOst of the people I know make money are selling their spiel to insurance agents.

Anyone know anything about the "Safe College Plan" created by Rocco DeFrancesco? Looks like he's using FIA's to fund college supposedlyTax Free and I suppose without and surrender charges as well??? Why would anyone use an Annuity to fund college? Is it purchased inside of a ROTH IRA or is a Cashvalue policy also used in conjunction with the annuity?

Anyone have any experience with Collegiate Advisors? They appear to be anther marking firm for college funding. Trying to learn if their service is worth what they are charging and how they are to work with.

Darvis is real. That is not an endorsement of a sales system but rather a comment on the free 6 hr.intro to college funding course he offers. It qualifies for CE credits for CPA and CFP.

Back