19 Companies on Colorado Exchange

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
That's right, not a typo........19 companies and 1000 different plans (doubt it)..........can you say overwhelming......And agents are liked in Colorado. Time to get a NR license in CO or move back

New health insurance era dawns with 19 companies competing | Health Policy Solutions

Coloradans hunting for health insurance will have 19 companies competing for their business with up to 1,000 different plans that could be offered through the state’s new health exchange and on the open market.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Please run through all 1,000 options for me, Mr. Navigator, without recommending any of them - all for $58.

Thanks!

We'll find out who and how much this wednesday:
Healthcare rates expected to increase in Colo. | 9news.com

Quote from above article:
"We have heard from various insurance carriers on the individual market rates could go anyplace from 60 to 120 percent higher than the current market," Steven Roper with Roper Insurance said."

I wonder if the overall National increase will indeed be in the 50% to 100% range that the anti-ACA crowd keeps citing from Insurance Companies' 2012 predictions? The insurers that made these "shock" statements last year are, in actuality, raising 2014 premiums only modestly, if Maryland, Vermont, Oregon and Rhode Island (the states to release rates thus far) are any indication.
-ac

Vermont was already GI
Oregon rates are going up quite a bit compared to current rates
Maryland.....don't know
Rhode Island....are they still a state or a city?

We need to wait for a fully underwritten, still free market, non liberal state, to submit rates. Then, we'll get an accurate picture.

Last edited:
Vermont was already GI
Oregon rates are going up quite a bit compared to current rates
Maryland.....don't know
Rhode Island....are they still a state or a city?

We need to wait for a fully underwritten, still free market, non liberal state, to submit rates. Then, we'll get an accurate picture.

I asked that rhetorical question because of articles like this one:
Two states say 2014 Obamacare insurance costs on low side | Reuters

Is Washington State one of the Guaranteed Issue states? The Exchange-Marketplace guy there says that he's "pleasantly surprised" by how reasonable the requested premiums are.
-allen

I asked that rhetorical question because of articles like this one:
Two states say 2014 Obamacare insurance costs on low side | Reuters

Is Washington State one of the Guaranteed Issue states? The Exchange-Marketplace guy there says that he's "pleasantly surprised" by how reasonable the requested premiums are.
-allen

So, let's compare to Ehealth in WA the following comment from the article, and I assume these are Silver plans with $6400 out of pocket max:

Middle-tier policies would have monthly premiums of $239 under Bridgespan's proposal, $228 for one from Premera Blue Cross and $210 for one from Group Health Cooperative for a 21-year-old. Policies would cost $305, $292 an $268, respectively, for a 40-year-old; and $648, $620 and $569 for a 60-year-old.

21 yr old on ehealth today can get a HSA $3500 ded 8/20 with 5k OOP in seattle for $130/mo, and $115/mo with Group Health. That's close to a 75-100% rate increase

A 40 yr old = $240 at Regence, $168 with group health
A 60 yr old = $460 and $408 respectively.

All prices are higher than today's marketplace.

The Berkeley calculator shows $288 for 21 yr old, $368 for 40 yr old, $782 for 60 yr old. So calculator is once again inflated, but it may be due to cost of medical services in Washington being a little lower compared to other regions.

Back