Colorado Loves Brokers

Bpenn, I think it's going to come down to what the carriers are going to pay us and what it's going to take time and effort wise to get it. Some agents are positioned well to make some hay with web presence, social media and the like. Personally, as a little guy in the burbs of Des Moines, I don't have the capital to really aggressively pursue those clients. I'm going through all the CMS stuff and learning all I can so I can write my current book and get some referrals. Those turn into life policy clients. And it goes the other way, too. My life clients often ask about the health side, and I want to be able to give them an informed answer.
Right now, I have more time than money, so I'll go through all the hoops. Hopefully, that paradigm changes.

Bpenn, I think it's going to come down to what the carriers are going to pay us and what it's going to take time and effort wise to get it. Some agents are positioned well to make some hay with web presence, social media and the like. Personally, as a little guy in the burbs of Des Moines, I don't have the capital to really aggressively pursue those clients. I'm going through all the CMS stuff and learning all I can so I can write my current book and get some referrals. Those turn into life policy clients. And it goes the other way, too. My life clients often ask about the health side, and I want to be able to give them an informed answer.
Right now, I have more time than money, so I'll go through all the hoops. Hopefully, that paradigm changes.

From what the article says and wjat connect for colorado told me we would get paid that same inside our out.

Yes, same pay inside as out. But how much? Here they haven't established rates or finalized commissions. The big health player won't be in the exchange til 2015; they said commissions will stay the same for now. I haven't heard from the only 2 statewide carriers. We have some regional guys in the exchange that are outside the are that I work, so I can't respond about them.

Am I leaving a ton of $$$ not to get involved? I have solely focused on the senior market but this looks like some money to be had. I am set to to the class cert in Sept. Question, do I need to be contracted with every carrier listed on the exchange and do they have a confirmed list?

All I know is they have their own exchange, own rules, own testing, a robust market of 10+/- carriers, love brokers, will allow for brokers to be paid (unknown how much), millions of people, great skiing and great micro breweries

Attended the Connect for Colorado classroom training. Interesting that there was an agent from Mississippi, California and Penn there. Was cut back from two days to one because they were having problems getting the broker portal part of it. Anthem and Rocky rolled out their new commission schedules. Going to PMPM. Anthem's is at $25 I think, not sure about renewals.

Back