Company Dropped Me Saying I Am Not Licensed, DMV Status Good Standing +5 Points HELP

tonyclem

How can DMV show a person as licensed +5 points, but your insurance company runs you through their local company and get back "suspended" and run you through national company like GMAC and they come back with "canceled" as license status.

I also have another major issue involved with this company missing my payment, being reinstated, signing, them accepting my payment and now reversing themselves and saying they were mistaken about being able to reinstate. Paid 6 month premium, plus $25 reinstatement fee and walked out insured with signed paper in hand, no says I have to be rewritten and of course premium will go up dramatically because of insure lapse. Where does one file a complain against an insurance company operating in Virginia? I will contact BBB as well, but I saw someone about a special place to fight or file or complain about insurance products, almost like arbitration or something.

Thank you

Since no one has responded I will comment. The second paragraph looks like the typical late payer who feels like a victim. I don't know what else to tell you but to pay early and monitor your bank account to back up yourself up. Did you actually pay the company or the agent? The agent may have told you what he thought the company wanted concerning reinstatement but he or she apparently was wrong. If you have records of payment good for you. If you didn't pay yes they will hammer you because of your lack of responsibility. This type of problem is almost always consumer related but not always. I wish I had better things to say. If all the issues have something to back them up such as payment history you have a chance. Whoever said you were reinstated has some responsibility here too if you have a document to support that. Go the the department of Insurance if you think you have a case. They have a very strong arm and will help you more than any other entity.

On the DMV part of your question there are too many variables to give you solid guidance. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Gulliver

Last edited:
Back