How To Find Prescription Drug Plans

richardl1968

Where can I go to shop for a prescription drug plan? I can go to Medicare.gov, put in a list of medications, and get a list of at least 20 different insurance plans. For those not "young" enough to be on Medicare yet, how can we shop for a variety of plans at the same time?

Where can I go to shop for a prescription drug plan? I can go to Medicare.gov, put in a list of medications, and get a list of at least 20 different insurance plans. For those not "young" enough to be on Medicare yet, how can we shop for a variety of plans at the same time?

If you're not on Medicare, why would you look on Medicare.gov? Don't you know you can get in trouble for that?:skeptical:

Other than Rx discount plans I don't know that there are any stand alone drug plans for those not eligible for Medicare. They're always part of a major medical insurance plan.

Other than Rx discount plans I don't know that there are any stand alone drug plans for those not eligible for Medicare. They're always part of a major medical insurance plan.

A few years ago there were the Canadian discount plans. Haven't seen much out of them since Part D came out.

A few years ago there were the Canadian discount plans. Haven't seen much out of them since Part D came out.

They're around. Some drug store chains offer them. They're OK at best, as are the Rx discounts available with some dental discount plans. Shopping Canadian pharmacies probably better than these.

They're around. Some drug store chains offer them. They're OK at best, as are the Rx discounts available with some dental discount plans. Shopping Canadian pharmacies probably better than these.

When I've checked out some of the discount cards, it cost more than just buying without the card.

When I've checked out some of the discount cards, it cost more than just buying without the card.

That's almost always true with generics. And often the pharma company has discounts on their brand name drugs better than these cards. Discount cards OK at best. Buying from Canada, samples, and discounts or PAP from the maker are often better options.

Hers a link to an RX plan that covers both retail and mail order. You can price shop your drugs to find the best price. This is not a discount plan nut rather a reduced fee for service. All US approved drugs are covered. Message me if you want more info. It won't let me post the URL. :skeptical:

I think you have to have 20 posts to do it. People usually type it out.

Back