Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Direct Mail Marketing Forum

Reply to Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?     
Old 12-30-2014, 10:21 AM   #1

State: Anthonym86 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters? Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?
Has anyone used a freelance writer to write pre-approach letters? I want to hire someone to write a series of letters that I can use for future mailings after cold calls. Thank you.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?

Old 01-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
Guru
Cash on Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?

State: Cash is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters? Re: Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?
Originally Posted by Anthonym86 View Post
Has anyone used a freelance writer to write pre-approach letters? I want to hire someone to write a series of letters that I can use for future mailings after cold calls. Thank you.
I would check out the copywriters section on the warriors forum.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #3

State: Early is an Insurance Agent from California
Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters? Re: Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?
Please let us know where the copywriters section on the 'warriors' forum can be found.

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
Guru
xrac on Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Anthonym86 View Post
Save your money and just door knock.

X
Old 03-04-2015, 11:45 PM   #5
Super Genius

State: trustandadvice is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?
I typically just hit the mall in a banana hammock and some business cards. Had good luck with that!
Old 05-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #6

State: uptownABD is an Insurance Agent from
There's an out of print book you may be able to get on Amazon called "198 preapproach and service letters for every insurance situation" or something like that. From the 1980s...

Just get that and adapt a letter you like to your campaign.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #7
Expert
LucyGoosey on Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?

State: LucyGoosey is an Insurance Agent from
I would just door knock. I've been going back to my former clients on a new market I am working. I tried the direct mail route and found it to not be as strong as just 'dropping in'.
I found a few people on CraigsList to write the letters for me, which was somewhat cheap, but I still had to make the template myself. I later found that my IMO could make something for me, so whomever you are working with may be better.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:21 PM   #8
Guru
Cash on Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?

State: Cash is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Originally Posted by LucyGoosey View Post
I would just door knock. I've been going back to my former clients on a new market I am working. I tried the direct mail route and found it to not be as strong as just 'dropping in'.
I found a few people on CraigsList to write the letters for me, which was somewhat cheap, but I still had to make the template myself. I later found that my IMO could make something for me, so whomever you are working with may be better.
You hired a copywriter off Craigslist? Man that's crazy.

Yeah in that case door knocking would be better. There is no better market than your current customers. Of course you are comparing apples to oranges. IF you don't have a market to sweep through and resell the comparison between door knocking and a sales letter is mute.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:11 PM   #9
Guru
goillini52 on Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by LucyGoosey View Post

I think you'd be better off using https://www.fiverr.com/categories/wr...=1&layout=auto
Old 06-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #10
Guru
xrac on Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters?

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by uptownABD View Post
There's an out of print book you may be able to get on Amazon called "198 preapproach and service letters for every insurance situation" or something like that. From the 1980s...

Just get that and adapt a letter you like to your campaign.
One Hundred Ninety-Eight Direct Mail : Pre-Approach and Service Letters (1979, Hardcover)

X
Reply to Anyone Hire Writer for Pre-approach Letters? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Direct Mail Marketing Forum