Can I Build an Agency Off Direct Mail in 2017?

geoagency

Expert
I am about to enter the Med supp space

I plan to drop 1,000 piece of mail a week for $400

$1600 a month

Can I build a Med supp book of business with this model?

Or will this be a tough go? Thoughts?

Pick up the phone and make dials. I can send you our dialer promo link that gives you a 4 line dialer for $89 a month or dialer and data for $109. These seniors are getting bombarded with mail.

$1600 a month

It can be done. Just depends how much you want to make and how good you are at it. It's not like everyone that drops mail and gets leads is going to make the same number of sales. The leads don't sell it. You do.

Pick up the phone and make dials. I can send you our dialer promo link that gives you a 4 line dialer for $89 a month or dialer and data for $109. These seniors are getting bombarded with mail.

They get bombarded with calls and mail. I am not sure one is any better than the other.

I think you can so long as you reach the right people with the right message.

However, you will build your business faster if you combine methods. Telemarket your DM leads and send DM to your telemarketing leads (both inbound and outbound).

Get people to visit your website, and telemarket them and send them DM...

Remarket, send DM and email sequences...

These should not be either/or questions although you can get lost if you try to do everything at the beginning.

But once you get good ROI with one method, keep going. While you polish plan A, build plan B.

I'm now thinking in terms of threes. I want at least three viable ways to bring in new clients. Three ways to increase persistency and three ways to generate referrals.

Ideally these methods should work both synergistically and independently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clock on your dashboard tells you it's 2:00 in the morning. You have 300 miles to go, but you prepared a playlist of music to keep you company.

Then you feel a bump. And another.

You curse when you recognize the rhythm and hope you are prepared for this. You pull over and find a flashlight. The light confirms your suspicion. You open the trunk and squeeze the spare. You breathe a sigh of relief. You swap the tires, put your jack away and find a semi-clean red rag for your hands.

It's 3:00 now. You're relaxed and your hands are warm again. You're moving along. It's just you and your tunes until a new thought intrudes. You still have hundreds of miles to go and have no idea if what you will do if you get another flat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have three (or more) marketing methods that can work independently you have a spare and a spare for your spare.

You want to be in business for a long time. Don't drive from New York to California without a spare.

It makes sense to invest most of your budget into the things that are working best right now, but 10% to 20% should be invested in plans B and C. Get them to work also so that you can scale them up when (not if) plan A runs over a nail. And if you can find a plan B that complements plan A, you really have something. Or if plan B gets you a better ROI than plan A...

Think about the businesses that were around when you were a kid. Are any of them marketing the same way? If they are, are they growing or barely keeping their head above water?

How about the ones that still exist and are growing. Are they still using plan A?

This is not theory for me. I kicked butt on Google for several years in my local market. Not any more. The ACA hurt us as well.

I'm scaling my plan B up now while simultaneously replacing my spare tire. It will take me over a year to get back where I was, but if I hadn't started my plan B while plan A was working I'd be sitting on a strange road with no spare and no cell service.

$1600 a month

Actually, that $1733 per month (4 1/3 weeks per month).

Seems like cold calling with a telemarketer works better for supps.

Back