Direct Mail to Business Owners?

rikwells

Expert
I currently have a direct mail campaign marketing life insurance to homeowners and have a decent response rate of between 1 and 1.5%, sometimes 2% if lucky. I'm in the process of doing the same thing for business owners. My question is: When marketing life insurance to business owners through direct mail is there a certain kind of business that people have had higher replies? Thanks for reading my post.

I currently have a direct mail campaign marketing life insurance to homeowners and have a decent response rate of between 1 and 1.5%, sometimes 2% if lucky. I'm in the process of doing the same thing for business owners. My question is: When marketing life insurance to business owners through direct mail is there a certain kind of business that people have had higher replies? Thanks for reading my post.

I don't think most folks bother, but doctors and attorneys seem like obvious choices. I'd be surprised if it worked.

i've done it for a multi product line - health, home, auto, life, dental, commercial coverage.

seems that most that responded back were looking for health though

What part of Virginia are you in?

When marketing life insurance to business owners through direct mail is there a certain kind of business that people have had higher replies?

Business owners receive A LOT of solicitations via postmail. If you want a higher response rate, aim for a more direct and personal approach.

Just a few days before I am also facing same problem but when I hand over this task to direct mailing company and now I am getting a good response for my business.

I agree with Josh as don't think you would get a large return rate. Doctors and lawyers would be a great sell, but you can never get in touch with them and they probably have someone going through their mail and you end up in the trash. If you're going to target business I woulds say target those less than 10 people and "personalize" it...postcard may not be best. Try a boiler plate letter, good'ole fashion door knocking or selling them a foot-in-the door product like health insurance then cross-selling them life later. Just a thought...

I use to do direct mail to small businesses for health insurance. I would get about a 1.5% response.

Back