Direct Mailers New Agency

bthompson13

We are a newer agency looking to send out 20,000 mailers. What kind of return rate could we expect? One of our companies is sponsoring the mailers with a small item for getting a quote.

We are a newer agency looking to send out 20,000 mailers. What kind of return rate could we expect? One of our companies is sponsoring the mailers with a small item for getting a quote.

What state, what ages, what incomes, what does the card say?

It all affects the returns.

As a rule of thumb you expect 1% but all these things can make it more or less responsive.

Just qualified homeowners is the only restriction. It will go out in the form on a letter and they call or mail it in to get the free item.

Don't use Main Street Power Mail. I used them and got less than a 1% return on medicare supplement mailers, which is super low. I asked for proof that they mailed out the pieces and never heard back from them...

I did direct mail for years and did receive proof of mail from USPS. But, it stopped doing this several years ago so there is no way to determine if your mail was sent.

You have to trust your direct mail house. If you receive replies back, assume the mailers were sent.

I quit using direct mail because the response rate started to fall from 3% in the early 2000s to @ 1/2% after 2008 when the economy crashed.

I did direct mail for years and did receive proof of mail from USPS. But, it stopped doing this several years ago so there is no way to determine if your mail was sent.

You have to trust your direct mail house. If you receive replies back, assume the mailers were sent.

I quit using direct mail because the response rate started to fall from 3% in the early 2000s to @ 1/2% after 2008 when the economy crashed.

So Mickey what are doing now?

Do you think we could get a 1% return with a good mailer? Anyone else have information on mailers they have sent out?

Back