Dm Phone Numbers

so are you saying, that a reply card is more effective than a phone number? but not to put both together. it confuses the reader and having 2 call to action is generally bad right?

Precisely - yes. That's exactly what the results have shown.
Having an unclear call to action causes folks to not respond at all.

Precisely - yes. That's exactly what the results have shown.
Having an unclear call to action causes folks to not respond at all.

I assume putting an website address cause the same lower response? Does reply cards alone without any other call to action works better vs. a letter to go to a website for more info without that reply card?

I assume putting an website address cause the same lower response? Does reply cards alone without any other call to action works better vs. a letter to go to a website for more info without that reply card?

Don't know the answer to that one. I'm guessing that anyone can fill out a card and send it in. Only those with internet access, of course, and the confidence in how to use it can pursue you online from that direct mail piece.

Some testing in this area would be great - I've looked for it, but cannot find it yet.

IMO people want the least possible confrontation and hassle.
There was this one time I went to submit some information online but first I checked my email, read a news article, checked the new posts on insurance forum then went to bed. Those people never called me...

Back