Dm Phone Numbers

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
is it generally bad to have a phone number that goes to voicemail?

im trying to send out 5k postcards and i teally want them to fill out a online form.

i will also be cold calling and servicing accounts so no time to pick up the phones.

i will return calls at a designated hour though.

is it generally bad to have a phone number that goes to voicemail?

im trying to send out 5k postcards and i teally want them to fill out a online form.

i will also be cold calling and servicing accounts so no time to pick up the phones.

i will return calls at a designated hour though.

Better to have it go to voicemail than never be answered. I doubt that most of the prospects that call will call you more than once.

Call three times over 3 different days, at different times before leaving a voicemail.

Make sure to reference the mailing piece in your voicemail and, if possible, follow it up with an email.

But no, voicemail means their number is still in service. Remember with cold calling: unlike you, they haven't set out time in their schedule for the phone.

I include a "call xxx-xxx-xxxx or return the postage paid card."

Out of 1,000 pieces I usually get no more than 6 calls. Depending on the card I can get 40-60 returned in the mail.

Rick

is it generally bad to have a phone number that goes to voicemail? im trying to send out 5k postcards and i teally want them to fill out a online form. i will also be cold calling and servicing accounts so no time to pick up the phones. i will return calls at a designated hour though.

Have you thought about using a call answering service?

I use one. Runs somewhere around $90/mo but my phone is answered 24/7/365 by a person within 2-3 rings. Current clients have given good feedback. This month I will start using it on direct mail...I can guarantee that it will be better than a voicemail system.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

I would be surprised if you got 5 calls from a 5000 piece mailer.

if only i can get 1%and close 100% of the time lol.

i will be doing 5000 per niche per quarter. also only sending cards to those who have emails for the email marketing. trying to hit them with 8 messages a year.

Have you thought about using a call answering service?

I use one. Runs somewhere around $90/mo but my phone is answered 24/7/365 by a person within 2-3 rings. Current clients have given good feedback. This month I will start using it on direct mail...I can guarantee that it will be better than a voicemail system.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

If your DM has a brm I would expect your returns to go down and the call ins to not make up for that drop in reply.

If your DM has a brm I would expect your returns to go down and the call ins to not make up for that drop in reply.

At the Nat'l Medicare Supplement conference in Scottsdale (2013), one of the breakout sessions had a panel of three or four direct mail houses. The leaders were discussing best practices in the use of direct mail for lead generation.

Each of the panelists agreed, when asked the question about adding a telephone number call to action along with the business reply form, that it was a bad idea. They all said that in all of their testing, it actually reduced the overall response rate (BRCs + phone calls).

Their theory was that if the person has a telephone number to call, they will put the piece aside and decide to call "later", and that never happens. Instead, if there is just a card to fill out and send back in, they will take that action when they are interested.

so are you saying, that a reply card is more effective than a phone number?

but not to put both together. it confuses the reader and having 2 call to action is generally bad right?

Back