Elder law mail piece - Works Great

This will be tough to explain but I'll try.

There's nothing wrong or unethical with simply going out and knocking on doors - as long as you're in compliance with your carriers, DOI and local ordinances.

However, I find it "ethical gray area" to knock on someone's door who replied to a mailer. Those prospects are expecting a call, not an agent to show up.

I would be taken aback if I filled out any type of mailer, then a few days later an agent knocks on my door.

I suppose this depends on what the lead card says, in regard to "how" they would be contacted. If it simply says contacted, that doesn't say by return phone call, contact can be as simple as knocking on their door. They have requested info and the agent is simply delivering it, via personal contact.

Let's face it, many of these sales are just that... overcoming the sales resistance, not necessarily objections to the product. It is way too easy for anyone to blow you off when on the other end of the phone; not so easy when you are on their door step. I don't see this as unethical... They DID request the info. Had they not responded by sending the card back in the mail, it is doubtful that an agent is standing on their door step.

hello everyone, How are ya?
North American has best offer in most cases, however, does anyone else have a problem getting a live person there to pick up the phone? Seems like agents are routed through some kind of system to leave a message and no one ever calls you back... >>>

Depends on the time of day, but I just ignore the leave a message message and wait. It is never long. I am told it is the same cust service folks as Midland.

I have no problem at all with door knocking leads. I do that myself. MY point was door knocking and selling annuities on that one "appointment". But I guess if he finds people willing to hand out $50k to a complete stranger that they just met then that is their problem. As long as he is doing the right thing.
I do not sell annuities that often so I always make an appointment to come back with the best product for them.

in response to all the post the 1st time i meet a client either with a phone appt or door knock with a lead card in my hand
i have a3 blank yellow pieces of paper and a folder with the lead card on it that it nothing more. "hello I'm looking for Mary smith" thats me my name is ..... you sent this reply card in requesting information; and i'm here to get some addtional information i need about ten minutes and if i'm here longer than that we made need to make an appt to anwser any addtional questions. At this point gather information on there needsmedical,final expense,annuities reverse mortgage canidate? i will set the next appt before i leave i tell them i see several things that may need to be repostioned changed added or canceled and if you want me to help you you have to be willing to make some changes based on recomadations if there is any hesitation i will try to clarify and if still happens i will not continue.set the appt let them know i will be working on it. (if not right for customer not right for me) I only help people that want help.

No criticism of you personally has been intended. Your technique is textbook and I know others that use it. Don Runge teaches it in his books, tapes and classes. It is more effective than telephone calls, but also far more time consuming.

It cannot be used in conjuction with Medicare Advantage plans, though this last year it was in our area.

I have considered doing it myself when I am in the neighborhoods of those who have returned reply cards. As a sales manager I have had my people do this and similar things, but like most sales managers, I am not sure I have the balls to do it myself ;) Now that I am totally independent, my wife is my Sales Manager, and I do not want her getting hold of this idea. :)

Thanks for sharing.

No criticism of you personally has been intended. Your technique is textbook and I know others that use it. Don Runge teaches it in his books, tapes and classes. It is more effective than telephone calls, but also far more time consuming.

It cannot be used in conjuction with Medicare Advantage plans, though this last year it was in our area.

I have considered doing it myself when I am in the neighborhoods of those who have returned reply cards. As a sales manager I have had my people do this and similar things, but like most sales managers, I am not sure I have the balls to do it myself ;) Now that I am totally independent, my wife is my Sales Manager, and I do not want her getting hold of this idea. :)

Thanks for sharing.

:laugh:

I tried a new mail piece with A.R.M. pulled 2.3% so far I have went out with a hand full (close to home) cheap enough to knock the door sold 46k annuity 3rd house mailed 1600 pieces got 33 back so far. Great piece works with life,health
annuity

Who and what does A.R.M. stand for? What is their website?:unsure:

Back